Medical Assistant Austin, TX
$1500 Sign-On Bonus for External Candidates
Incentive Bonus 2 times a year
18 days of PTO & Closed on Major Holidays
MA Certification Fee Reimbursement - 401K Match
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Certified Medical Assistant for the Mobile Team performs a variety of healthcare screening activities to assist providers in conducting quality clinics, including administering injections, diagnostic testing, phlebotomy, quality surveys and various other procedures. Delivers exceptional customer service and maintains established quality control standards. This position will work directly with our quality mobile team, contracted physician groups and staff in the respective markets as assigned.
- Performs all duties within the scope of a Certified Medical Assistant (procedures, injections, diagnostic testing, phlebotomy)
- Coordinates healthcare screening results as directed by providers, company standards, and policies
- Travels with the mobile team to clinics and centralized locations to conduct screening clinics to support contracted physician network
- Rooms patients according to company standards
- Follows all physician office guidelines while conducting screening clinics onsite at contracted physician clinics
- Arrives to all clinics as least 15 minutes early to introduce the team to the office staff and set up equipment in exam room designated for clinic
- Organizes onsite clinics to ensure all equipment and supplies are on hand and set up in the exam rooms prior to receiving patients for screening appointments
- Performs and completes all quality program health screenings per required metrics
- Processes appropriate documents in an organized and accurate manner and copies all physicians on patient results and quality forms submitted
- Reviews all patient screening forms to ensure all outstanding healthcare screenings are performed and reviews medical records to data mine and collect referral information for colon screenings, DM eye exams, mammograms and labs
- Records patient care documentation in the medical records accurately and according to company policy
- Conducts post audits on all information submitted to quality program to make sure information is complete and presented within the guidelines. Any items rejected due to noncompliance will be researched and resubmitted according to guidelines
- Reviews all medical information, test results and suvey questions prior to the patient leaving to ensure all information is captured
- Presents abnormal results to the provider promptly to ensure there is not an emergent condition that needs immediate attention
- Post clinic preparation of mobile team charts for faxing, filing and forwading to the PCP offices
- Compiles results and enters information into utilization reports for submission to management
- Works as a liason between mobile team, physician business managers, and contracted PCP offices to ensure all patient information is reported accurately and are completed. Offers solutions to improve quality goals
- Coordinates with the providers and contracted PCP groups to ensure timely submission of their screenings to the DataRaps department
- Maintains confidentiality of all materials handled within the department as well as proper release of patient information at all times
- Maintains certifications (MA and CPR) and quality control standards
- Participates in marketing events as determined by business need
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Current, nationally recognized Medical Assistant certification or registration required or must obtain the designation within 90 days of employment hire date.
- Current CPR certification or must obtain certification within 30 days of employment hire date.
- ICD-9 and CPT coding
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Basic computer literacy
- Proven ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Proven ability to be flexible and adaptable to change
- Proven good communication and customer service skills
- Willing or ability to travel frequently within assigned market
- Reliable transportation for daily travel to various clinics as assigned
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program
- 1+ years of experience as a Medical Assistant
- More than one year of related experience in a medical setting
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.