Medical Assistant at Arlington TX
$1500 Sign-On Bonus for External Candidates
Incentive Bonus 2 times a year
18 days of PTO & Closed On Major Holidays
MA Certification Fee Reimbursement - 401K Match
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Certified Medical Assistant provides medical / nursing assistance under the direction of physician or nursing staff within their certified capabilities. In addition, of consent for treatment form, recording patient information, and scanning. Practices exceptional customer service, answers phone, and assists with the daily operations of the clinic. Communicates and coordinates information in a knowledgeable and courteous manner with staff, patients, and families. Maintains confidentiality with patients, staff, and guests.
**We have multiple clinic openings throughout the Dallas Forth Worth and surrounding areas**
- Assist physicians and nursing personnel with injections, EKGs, phlebotomy and other patient care procedures
- Maintain established quality control standards
- Record and process patient care documentation quickly and accurately
- Coordinate patient care as directed by physicians, company standards and policies
- Organize, stock and clean exam and treatment rooms and sterilize instruments
- Maintains quality control standards and required Medical Assistant and CPR certifications
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school graduate or GED
- RMA (Registered Medical Assistant) or CMA (Certified Medical Assistant or willing to obtain within 180 days
- Active CPR / BLS certification within 30 days of hire
- Working knowledge of medical terminology
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor’s diagnosis of disease
- 3+ years of hands on clinical experience working with a licensed physician or provider
- 1+ years of phlebotomy skill experience
- 1+ years of experience giving injections
- Electronic Medical Records (Nextgen and Allscripts)
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking with the ability to move or lift at least 50 pounds
- Availability to work any hours between 7am to 6pm Monday - Friday
- Ability to adapt to frequent scheduling changes (including same day of an assignment)
- Availability to work overtime when needed
USMD part of OptumCare is a multi - specialty group of hospital, clinics and physicians. USMD serves the Dallas - Fort Worth metropolitan area with more than 250 physicians and associate practitioners, and provides healthcare services to patients in more than 20 different specialties at its 2 hospitals, 4 cancer treatment centers and nearly 50 physician clinics, many of which are multi - specialty.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.