Perioperative Assistant - Operating Room @ Penn Presbyterian Medical Center
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Perioperative Assistant assumes responsibility for logistical and environmental functions in the operating room.
- High level cleaning of all operating rooms between cases with exposure to blood and bodily fluids
- Management of all operating room equipment by frequent cleaning, organizing, pushing/pulling, and lifting
- Transporting patients to and from the operating room if applicable
- Completing blood and pathology runs for all patients in the operating room
- Frequent stocking of the operating room with supplies
- Frequent rounding in the operating room to assess patient care needs
- Assist in positioning patient as directed by the RN
- Carries out unit specific duties and other duties as directed by the nurse manager
- Actions demonstrate an understanding of appropriate safety and infection control techniques and hospital policy
- Recognizes stressful situations and seeks appropriate resources in a timely manner
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- Previous hospital experience preferred
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.