$6,000 Sign-on Bonus for external candidates
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Medical Assistant (MA) is responsible for performing patient-oriented procedures under the direction and supervision of a clinician, RN, or LVN to ensure safe and appropriate patient care. The MA assists the clinician with minor medical and surgical procedures; performs a broad spectrum of clerical and administrative duties related to the delivery of patient care assistance.
- Consistently exhibit behavior and communication skills that demonstrate the company’s commitment to superior customer service, including quality care and concern with internal and external customers
- Use, protect, and disclose patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards
- Anticipate the clinician’s needs and carries out orders
- Check for patients' arrival status and escorts patients from waiting area to exam rooms. Escorts patients to ancillary services as needed
- Obtain, record, and report vital signs and other pertinent patient information to RN, LVN, or clinician
- Perform various medical procedures and medication administration as appropriate for their certification
- Perform phlebotomy, process lab specimens, and maintain lab specimen logs as appropriate
- Assist clinician with procedures as requested
- Ensure proper documentation of all procedures
- Maintain and clean exam and treatment areas, specimen processing areas, and medical equipment
- Complete or assist with the completion of appropriate forms, tracking, transport, etc.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Completion of a Medical Assistant program, or relevant experience
- BLS certification or willing to obtain within 30 days of hire
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client or patient sites within a designated area
- 1+ years of experience in an ambulatory care setting or experience in the military as a Medical Assistant/EMT
- Electronic Medical Records (EMR) experience
- Experience in primary care or specialty care such as pediatrics, pain management, cardiology, urology, orthopedics, oncology, senior care, obgyn, urgent care
- Bilingual English and Spanish
- Willing to travel to various OptumCare CO clinic locations as needed
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $16.00 to $27.31. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.