Office Clerk - Remote in Las Vegas, NV
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
As an Office Clerk, primarily responsibilities include the screen and distribution of incoming electronic faxes, batching letters for mail distribution, sending letters via UPS and prepping denial letters for mailing. Works independently with minimal supervision. Demonstrates schedule flexibility, such as available for weekend shifts, overtime and/or ability to adjust to new shifts.
If you are located in Las Vegas, NV, you will have the flexibility to work remotely* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Completing verbal notifications for Part B and expedited requests in addition to mailing the member letters
- Entering letter mailed dates for letters that were successfully printed/mailed by Print Ops
- Monitoring and processing email requests received in the main prior auth inbox. IE: census, appeals, clinicals/photos, do not reply to emails, prior auth requests, vendor denials, admissions, letter requests for markets outside of MTW markets
- Refaxing failed faxes up to 2 additional times to total 3 fax attempts
- Processing shell cases for incoming faxes
- Delivering member letters that were manually printed to the post office and/or UPS
- Partnering with intake and clinical for various reasons such as missing letters or missed TAT fulfillments
- Maintaining compliance with turnaround times based on member’s product, the type of request and the specific regulatory agency
- Other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- 1+ years of customer service experience
- Experience using a computer and Microsoft Office including Microsoft Word (create correspondence and work within templates), Microsoft Excel (data entry, sort / filter, and work within tables), and Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar management)
- Demonstrated ability to type 30+ WPM
- Demonstrated ability to operate standard office equipment such as copier and fax
- Demonstrated ability to work 40 hours a week Monday - Sunday between the hours of operation 7:00 am - 7:00 pm
- Access to reliable transportation
- Healthcare experience
- Authorization experience
Nevada Residents Only: The hourly range for Nevada residents is $16.00 to $23.13. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.