Medical Assistant - New Port Richey
$2,200 Sign-On Bonus for External Candidates
Incentive Bonus 2 times a year
Competitive Benefits Package
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
The Medical Assistant reports to the Center Administrator and provides routine patient care within his/her level of training and functions under the direction/guidance of the clinical supervisor and/or the physician in accordance with relevant state statutes.
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate commitment to superior customer service, including quality and care and concern with each and every internal and external customer
- Under direction and supervision of physician, administers medications, administers immunizations, EKGs, ear washes, and other patient services. Assists in simple office and minor surgical procedures. Assists with the education of the patient and/or family as directed by the physician
- Performs venipuncture under the direction of a physician or advance care practitioner
- Contacts patients as needed to give testing results instructions from the physician and scheduling of necessary visits. Answers telephone inquiries and triage calls. Responsible for all laboratory duties including drawing, spinning, prepping blood for testing and maintaining appropriate logs. Acts as liaison between all independent lab services and the center
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school graduate, GED or equivalent
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program with a MA school diploma, or relevant and equivalent medical assisting experience
- Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers (AHA) or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross) or the ability to obtain within 90 days of employment
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) or Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)
- 2+ years of relevant back office, medical assisting experience for those without an accredited Medical Assistant diploma or RMA or CMA designation; CMA or RMA will be considered in lieu of experience
- Solid Phlebotomy Skills
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.