Talent Office Project Management Intern - Remote
Internships at UnitedHealth Group. If you want an intern experience that will dramatically shape your career, consider a company that’s dramatically shaping our entire health care system. UnitedHealth Group internship opportunities will provide a hands-on view of a rapidly evolving, incredibly challenging marketplace of ideas, products and services. You’ll work side by side with some of the smartest people in the business on assignments that matter. So here we are. You have a lot to learn. We have a lot to do. It’s the perfect storm. And even better? Join us and you may end up staying for a career in which you can do your life’s best work.(sm)
**This Full-Time intern position will be available Summer 2023**
**UnitedHealth Group is not able to offer visa sponsorship now or in the future for this position**
In the Talent Office at UnitedHealth Group, we aim to develop existing talent, attract new talent, and create meaningful experiences that fuel growth and innovation throughout the enterprise. We do this by:
- Instilling a talent mindset through consistent talent routines and championed by senior leaders.
- Delivering and placing UnitedHealth Group's best talent through increased talent mobility and deeper understanding of organizational needs.
- Elevating leadership capabilities through investment in key talent and creating a development-focused culture.
- Assist in Early Careers internship program event coordination and execution
- Assist in short-term and long-term People Team and talent office projects
- Additional ad hoc projects as assigned by manager
- Experience to include networking opportunities, basic technical skills training, speaker series, and additional enrichment activities throughout the summer program.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college / university
- Active enrollement in a bachelor's degree program throughout the duration of the internship (at least though August 2023)
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization (F-1 students with practical training and candidates requiring H-1Bs, TNs, etc. will not be considered)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in human resources, organizational psychology, management , marketing, or another related field
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
- Ability to work effectively in a changing environment
- Willing to collaborate with other team members
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to produce high quality work, use sound judgement, and manage time effectively
- An interest in Early Careers, Diversity & Inclusion efforts in Human Capital / Human Resources
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The hourly range for residents is $16.00 to $26.88. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.