Echo Vascular Tech Arlington TX
$1000 Sign On Bonus for External Candidates
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Vascular Sonography Technologist is responsible for providing imaging solutions directly to physicians. The position is responsible for technical and patient care functions related to vascular procedures in a clinical environment. Plans the daily schedule for assigned procedures with appropriate team members to ensure timeliness of services; assures all necessary documentation, equipment and supplies are available for testing functions. Maintains pertinent departmental records, schedules routine maintenance of equipment, archival of studies, and assist in Safety and Compliance committees. Assist in multi department quality assessments as required per ICAEL and ICAVL.
- Processes images from studies for physician interpretation and is responsible for communicating to physicians high priority findings
- Assesses and responds to patient’s needs before, during and after diagnostic imaging and cardiac stress procedures. This includes record keeping in accordance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), NRC, and TDH Regulations
- Requires the evaluation and maintenance of a quality control, program departmental instrumentation, and supplies to ensure optimal performance and stability
- Reviews, analyzes and documents patient specific data to determine appropriate recording procedures, methodology and special considerations, if any
- Introduces the patient to the testing environment and procedures to be used, addresses questions and concerns and attends to the patient's comfort and safety during those procedures
- Prepares patient for the procedure, testing all equipment and recording devices and making adjustments as necessary
- Perform patient exams according to department procedures and protocols to provide high quality evaluations in a safe and efficient manner
- Analyzes and documents patient exams and prepares reports and hard copy images for interpretive review for the reading physician
- Participates in on-going education to keep abreast of latest developments and continuously improve and upgrade skills and the department
- Assists physicians in the development of testing protocols for clinical practices
- Maintains appropriate CEUs, state, and specialty licensing or credentialing
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Graduate of AMA approved School of Echo/Sonography and Vascular Programs or equivalent accredited training program
- Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) certification
- Current active registration with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or through the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI)
- If not currently registered with ARDMS or CCI, must obtain registration within 6 months of employment hire date
- American Heart Association - Basic Life Support Certification
- Knowledge and application of MS Office or equivalent
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- ACLS Certification
- 3+ years of experience in Vascular Medicine, including one year as a Vascular Technologist
- Knowledge and application of ICAEL and ICAVL Standards
- Knowledge of GE Vivid Q and EchoPac Software
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds
- Ability to assist positioning patients weighing up to 400 pounds.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use fine motor skills to operate office equipment and/or machinery
- Ability to properly drive and operate a company vehicle
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and/or in writing
- Ability to use logical reasoning for simple and complex problem solving
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.