Neurologist - Per Diem - Torrance, CA
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
Life Changing Work
Optum is looking for Per Diem or Part-Time Hospitalists to join our team in Torrance, CA
As the employer of more than 14,000 physicians in Southern California, alone, we’re looking for clinicians who share our vision of creating a world where everyone can live healthier lives through accessible, affordable, and quality health care.
If you’re looking to join a physician-led community that is making a difference in healthcare, Optum is the place for you.
- Conducts hospital rounds on all patients referred to the service
- Communicates with families, referring physicians, specialists, administration, and hospital departments in the care and treatment of patients referred to the service
- Works with hospital and clinical staff to initiate and coordinate early discharge through collaboration with specialists, nursing staff, social services, utilization management, and other members of the interdisciplinary team
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with hospital departments and hospital administration
- Demonstrates a commitment to service by providing distinctive, personalized care and services by listening, anticipating, and responding to the needs of both internal and external (patients, family members, referring physicians/specialists, hospital staff, etc.) customers and striving to exceed customer expectations
- Serves as a liaison to other physicians, business office, and administration to maximize communication and increase knowledge of the hospitalist program benefits
- Attends and completes all specific competencies and annual organizational requirements
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to discuss patients’ progress, variances, and achievement of expected outcomes and plan of care
- Assumes responsibility to ensure that all necessary documentation is accurate, complete, and timely, including medical records, billing/coding, and any other such documentation as requested by hospital from time to time
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Active and unrestricted Medical license in State of California or ability to obtain
- Board eligible or certified in Neurology
- Active and unrestricted DEA
- Ability to work 7am to 7pm on 2-6 shifts per month, as schedule by Clinical leaders
- Successful candidate must submit to TB testing and vaccinations required by company policy
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
At OptumCare, we’ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving over 17 million people through more than 45,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more at www.workatoptum.com.
Would you thrive with OptumCare?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
- Are you a team player - comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.