Neurologist - Downey, CA
Life Changing Work
Want to make a real difference in the lives you touch? LOOK NO FURTHER. Optum is a physician-led, close-knit team that has been long-respected in Southern California. We are passionate about patients. We are leading the state of California toward better healthcare practices. And we are looking for amazing doctors like you!
As part of our continued growth we have immediate opportunity for Full-Time Neurologist to join our specialty team in Los Angeles County.
- Optum Clinic Location: 10441 Lakewood Blvd. Suite B, Downey CA 90241
- Schedule: Monday – Friday with no inpatient consults / call schedule
- Diagnose and treat neurological conditions and diseases including headaches / migraines, tremors, carpal tunnel syndrome, epilepsy, Parkinson’s disease, MS, dementia / Alzheimer’s disease, spinal stenosis, neuropathy. Consults, follow-up appointments and scheduled in office procedures.
- Perform EMG diagnostic procedures
- Patient Schedule: Average of 18 - 20 patients per day
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit package including medical malpractice coverage and tail policy, generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and holidays, CME time and dollars, medical, dental and vision benefits, company paid life insurance, Specialist bonus potential, 401K plan.
- Unrestricted CA State Medical License
- Current CA DEA certificate required prior to start date
- BE/BC in Neurology
- Training in EMG procedures
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Experience with EEG’s, interpret results
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience and managed care background preferred
- Excellent patient care and time management skills
- EMR Proficient
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
At OptumCare, we’ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving over 17 million people through more than 45,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more at www.workatoptum.com.
Would you thrive with OptumCare?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
- Are you a team player – comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.