Multiple Sclerosis Physician needed for Leading Comprehensive MS Center Neurology Position - Research Available - Great Support
Additional Information About the Role
BJC Medical Group seeks a board certified/board eligible Neurologist to join one of the largest, comprehensive multiple sclerosis centers in the Midwest focused on helping people living with MS. The center located in St. Louis, MO, offers a spectrum of services including MS-certified nursing support, MS-focused physical and occupational therapy, MS-specific infusion center and clinical trail options.
- Join two highly regarded MS Neurologists and one MS Specialty Physician Assistant
- Established group of 16 staff members
- Equipped with a mix of support staff including 3 MS nurses
- Infusion site connected to office space
- The center has performed pivotal trials leading to 7 current FDA-approved new treatments for multiple sclerosis
- Active research program with clinical trials phases one to three including 5 remyelination trials to date
- Patients are typically ages 18 years and older
- 1.0 FTE is considered 36 patient hours with 4 administrative hours per week
- 4 day workweek available
- Office hours are typically 9:00 AM-4:00 PM
- 11 exam rooms; including 3 high/low tables and a six-chair infusion center
- Computer workstations in all exam rooms
- VDI workstations in all exam rooms
- Medical Assistants are trained to complete cognitive assessments conducted on MS patients
- Dedicated physician work room
- Average of 12 patients per day in the clinic
- Remote charting flexibility
- Epic EMR
- Both practicing physicians and neuroimmunology/MS fellows are encouraged to apply
- H1B-visa candidates will be considered but unfortunately no J1 Visa candidates
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary (2 year guarantee) followed by a wRVU based model
- $100,000 student loan reimbursement
- Signing/retention bonus
- Annual Quality bonus incentive
- Residency stipend available
- Up to $100,000 student loan reimbursement
- CME Allowance
- Relocation assistance
- Pension plan
- Retirement vehicles 401k, 403b, 457b deferred compensation plan
- Relocation assistance
- Claims made malpractice insurance with tail coverage provided
The MS Center for Innovations in Care was established in 2008. At the time there were roughly 650 patients in the practice. Since inception and throughout years of innovation and providing quality patient care, the practice has successfully grown to over 4,000 patients and stands today as one of the largest, most comprehensive practices in the Midwest. Today The MS Center for Innovations in Care is considered a true regional referral center with strong market share and is well known both throughout the region and nationally. Patients often drive in for treatment from states such as Kansas, Arkansas, Kentucky, Indiana and some even fly in for treatments who live outside of the Midwest.
More on MS Center for Innovations in Care:
One of the largest, comprehensive multiple sclerosis centers in the Midwest focused on helping people living with MS. The center located in St. Louis offers a spectrum of services including MS-certified nursing support, MS-focused physical and occupational therapy, MS-specific infusion center and clinical trial options. For most MS patients, we provide ongoing neurological care. However, we also perform multiple sclerosis consultations for other neurologists and patient-initiated second opinions. The MS Center for Innovations in Care is part of the BJC Medical Group and a designated National Multiple Sclerosis Society Affiliated Center for Comprehensive Care. Find our website at [Register to View] 95622402%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=rmj%2F5%2BXfynKc7u5zsZ%2FHqECiSfoT%2BdGfr8EdOxLlXDg%3D&reserved=0">www.mslivingwell.org.
BJC Medical Group is the multi-specialty physician organization of BJC HealthCare and includes over 600 doctors and advanced practice providers who are affiliated with the top-ranked hospitals in the area.
Since 1994, BJC Medical Group has provided access to the world’s best medicine through caring people and integrated systems. The providers are nationally recognized for excellent patient satisfaction and quality health care.
BJC Medical Group physicians are trained and certified in over 25 medical specialties and serve patients in more than 125 locations in the greater St. Louis, mid-Missouri and southern Illinois areas.
The MS Center is located at Missouri Baptist Medical Center and specializes in Multiple Sclerosis.
Ensures optimal care and promotes safety of patients admitted to assigned service in cooperation with the private attending staff and nursing staff. Communicates with staff, patients, and families.
ResponsibilitiesManages the medical care of assigned patients.Collaborates with patients, families, and members of the health care team to ensure excellent clinical outcomes.Performs and documents histories and physicals in the patient's medical record as required by hospital by-laws.Supervises and instructs medical students and residents assigned to service. Assists in the learning needs of residents and students as assessed.
EducationDoctorate - Medicine
Supervisor ExperienceNo Experience
Licenses & CertificationsLicensed Physician
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to http://www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer