Assistant Nurse Manager - Inpatient Surgical
Additional Information About the Role
- Missouri Baptist is the first and only hospital in St. Louis County to be named a Magnet® hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
- The Inpatient Surgical floor at Missouri Baptist Medical Center is a 68-bed unit providing treatment interventions to primarily post-surgical patients. This unit also includes has a 10-bed Surgical Complex wing.
- Average census is 50-55
- Days/ Evenings - seeking flexibility
- Tuition Assistance
- Full-time Benefits Package inclusive of 401k and Pension
- Sign-on-bonus of $12,500 for new Employees
- Will have Direct Reports
- BSN Required - Magnet Facility
Missouri Baptist Medical Center, an acute care hospital in St. Louis County, offers a full continuum of medical and surgical services, including heart care, cancer, women and infants, breast health, gastrointestinal, orthopedic, stroke, therapy, wound and pain management services. The hospital has a 24-hour adult emergency department and cares for pediatric patients at a separate emergency department in collaboration with St. Louis Children’s Hospital.
Missouri Baptist is the first and only hospital in St. Louis County to be named a Magnet® hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). The prestigious designation is the highest credential a health care organization can receive for nursing excellence and quality patient care. This recognition has been accomplished by less than nine percent of hospitals nationwide. Additionally, U.S. News & World Report ranked the hospital #2 in the St. Louis metro area.
Orthopedic/Neuro Spine and Acute Rehabilitation at Missouri Baptist offers a 34-bed unit for patients undergoing joint replacements, back surgeries and other orthopedic procedures with. Included in this nursing area is a 10-bed Rehabilitation Unit which provides services between acute and long-term care. The patient care team researches patient lifestyle, function and mobility, and customizes care plans to return patients to their home setting.
Supports the operational functions of the department as related to: reporting, payroll, service recovery, staff communication, staff data collection and reporting, staff competencies and regulatory readiness compliance. Works collaboratively with other members of the leadership team to lead staff in clinical and service excellence.
- May participate in the development of departmental staffing, revenue and/or expense budgets and having direct responsibility for adhering to those goals. This includes responding to changes in the business which may affect the ability to achieve the budget goals.
- Prepare, analyze and develop action plan(s). Seek to identify trends in patient outcomes related to audits, reporting, & compliance. Ensure proper documentation, communication, followup accordingly.
- Perform service recovery related to physician and bed management issues; support investigation and resolution of operational issues as required
- Ensure staff meet regulatory, unit and BJC competency requirements; determine corrective plan of action if competencies are not met; follow up to ensure compliance. Ensure year round readiness through audits; determine individual or unit corrective plan if audit discloses readiness issues; follow up to ensure compliance with corrective plan. Own environmental plan.
- Review staff hours worked vs scheduled hours and determine appropriate disposition if variation exists. Perform and approval daily payroll updated. Reconcile time cards, bonus tracking and coding approval. Prepare, coordinate and execute all staff communications; prepare huddle agendas and lead meeting. Determine staffing needs; make nursing assignments as well as assign overtime. Recommend effective annual increases. Interview staff for open positions; evaluate and conduct performance reviews as assigned; draft and issue corrective actions/coaching; follow up regarding any disciplinary action to determine compliance.
- Manages individual(s) including but not limited to: onboarding and hiring, training, workload management & performance evaluations, conducting professional development plans as needed. Ensures that the productivity and actions of that group meet/support the overall operational goals of the department as established by department leadership.
- Bachelor's Degree-Nursing
- Registered Nurse (RN)
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer