Assistant Nurse Manager (ANM) - High Risk Cardiology
Our unit is vital to the flow of patients needing to be admitted from ED, CCU, admitting, procedure areas and other hospital units, and from outside hospitals. Most of our patient populations are those diagnosed with myocardial infarction requiring cardiac catheterization, congestive heart failure, heart arrhythmias, and pulmonary hypertension.
- Evening Shift - 3pm-11pm - Monday - Friday
- $12,500 Sign On Bonus
- Exempt Status
Leadership experience is preferred, but not required.
Barnes-Jewish Hospital at Washington University Medical Center is the largest hospital in Missouri and is ranked as one of the nation's top hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. Barnes-Jewish Hospital's staff is composed of full-time academic faculty and community physicians of Washington University School of Medicine, supported by a house staff of residents, interns, fellows and other medical professionals. Recognizing its excellence in nursing care, Barnes-Jewish Hospital was the first adult hospital in Missouri to be certified as a Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Nursing Divisions 9100/9200 are 25 bed high risk cardiology units where you will find many exciting challenges and opportunities for learning. Many of the patients that you will care for require advanced medication infusions and post cardiac procedure care. Our team consists of registered nurses, patient/student nurse technicians, and house staff of residents, interns and other medical professionals.
The Assistant Nurse Manager provides administrative support to Nurse Managers and direct reports. This includes coordinating patient care, performance management of direct reports, equipment purchasing/management, and statistical accumulation.
- Manages individual(s) including but not limited to: hires, trains, assigns work, manages & evaluates performance, conducts professional development plans. Ensures that the productivity and actions of that group meet/support the overall operational goals of the department as established by department leadership.
- May participate in the development of departmental staffing, revenue and/or expense budgets and having direct responsibility for adhering to those goals. This includes responding to changes in the business which may affect the ability to achieve the budget goals.
- Provides and oversees patient care according to planned interventions with regard to their age and developmental needs to attain the patient's optimal level of wellness and documents according to policy.
- Creates and ensures implementation of a collaborative plan of care based on assessment, diagnosis and medical treatment.
- May support the review of staff hours worked vs scheduled hours and determine appropriate disposition if variation exists. Perform and approve daily payroll updates. Reconcile time cards, bonus tracking and coding approval. Prepare, coordinate and execute all staff communications; prepare huddle agendas and lead meeting. Determine staffing needs; make nursing assignments as well as assign overtime. Recommend effective annual increases. Interview staff for open positions; evaluate and conduct performance reviews as assigned; draft and issue corrective actions/coaching; follow up regarding any disciplinary action to determine compliance.
- Responsible for staff productivity and the overall operational goals of the department as established by department leadership. Conducts performance evaluations and makes recommendations on areas of improvement if needed.
- Bachelor's Degree - Nursing
- 2-5 years
- No Experience
Licenses & Certifications
- 5-10 years
- < 2 years
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer