PRN Sonographer - Maternal Fetal Medicine
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
General Summary Statement
The sonographer performs advanced diagnostic obstetrical sonograms under the direction of a Perinatologist (Maternal Fetal Medicine Specialist). The sonographer is responsible for meeting the AIUM practice standards, maintaining professionalism and exemplary patient care, and operating and maintaining ultrasound equipment and Trophon,
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Accurately ensures correct patient identification.
· Obtain patient history, explain exam, and address patient concerns.
· Performs high quality ultrasound examinations in a timely manner. Conduct examinations while following established patient care and safety procedures.
· Responsible for preparing documentation within the AS Software reporting system.
· Operate and Maintain equipment: Report any equipment concerns. Perform quality control. Clean, adjust, and perform routine maintenance on equipment. Stock and replenish supplies as needed.
· Maintaining hospital required education and specific continuing education required for licensure.
- Education Training and Experience
- Satisfactory completion of a Diagnostic Medical Sonography program resulting in a two-year Ultrasonography Certificate and/ or Associate Degree or four-year Baccalaureate degree.
- ARDMS Registered or registry eligible (achieving within 6 months of hire)
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS)
- 2 years of experience in OB/GYN imaging
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine experience
- Nuchal Translucency and CLEAR certification
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.