PRN Gift Shop Clerk - Pennsylvania Hospital
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Assists customers in selecting and paying for merchandise in the Gift Shop.
- Demonstrates Professionalism within the framework of Relationship Based Care (Patient-Centered Care).
- Demonstrates Teamwork by displaying a cooperative relationship with co-workers by consistently treating others with respect and always using open and honest communication.
- Demonstrates Patient-Centered Care by showing courtesy, compassion, sensitivity and respect in all interactions with patients, visitors and other hospital personnel.
- Covers assigned station in shop to fully assist customers.
- Gives accurate change while cashiering customer’s purchases.
- Follows correct cash management practices.
- Restocks shelves with merchandise as items/supplies are sold.
- Prices item for sale.
- Assists in setting up window displays and/or restocking as needed.
- Reports any faulty conditions for repair to Manager.
- Uses effective interpersonal skills in all interactions.
- Performs duties and exhibits behaviors consistent with care philosophy of Pennsylvania Hospital.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- HS diploma/GED required.
- Demonstrated cash management skills required.
- Prior retail experience preferred.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.