Women's Health Educator PRN
- Provides advocacy, education and resource referral to promote women's health. Scheduling of classes
- PRN hrs Days, Evenings, Weekends
- PRN Rate $31.50 hr
- Non Benefit eligible
- Post-partum, L &D or Women's Health experience 2 yr required
Additional Preferred Requirements
Barnes-Jewish Hospital at Washington University Medical Center is the largest hospital in Missouri and is ranked as one of the nation's top hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. Barnes-Jewish Hospital's staff is composed of full-time academic faculty and community physicians of Washington University School of Medicine, supported by a house staff of residents, interns, fellows and other medical professionals. Recognizing its excellence in nursing care, Barnes-Jewish Hospital was the first adult hospital in Missouri to be certified as a Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
The Labor and Delivery department at Barnes-Jewish Hospital is a 23-bed unit with spacious labor, delivery, and recovery suites which adds to the soothing, safe and exceptional patient experience.
Provides advocacy, education and resource referral to promote women's health. Utilizes the nursing process and practices within the nursing standards of care guidelines. Functions as an educator, researcher, and consultant.
ResponsibilitiesDevelops, implements, and manages educational and support programs that promote women's health.Develops and facilitates evidenced based programs to educate professionals and the community.Applies and participates in clinical research for continuous improvement of nursing practice and improved outcomes.Conducts age-appropriate assessments and re-assessments on patients.Collaborates with staff nurses and other health care team members to plan and implement delivery of care.
EducationAssociate's Degree - Nursing
Supervisor ExperienceNo Experience
Licenses & CertificationsCPR/AEDRN
EducationBachelor's Degree - Nursing
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer