Audio Visual Security Liaison - PRN / Per Diem - PAH
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Audio Visual Security liaison will provide audio-visual and multimedia services for clinical meetings, Grand Rounds / CME events, VIP conferences, and special events in support of the research and clinical missions of Penn Medicine. Work performed includes routine maintenance on multimedia equipment, troubleshooting multimedia equipment and computer problems; testing equipment prior to event. Report all non-functioning equipment to supervisor. Provide video conferencing services including pre-testing, set up, moderating and breakdown. Provide support for meetings and events within the PCAM South Pavilion Expansion clinical spaces and the Executive Offices and Conference Center on the PCAM 4th and 5th floor. Troubleshoot and use classroom presentation and / or production software technology. This position is considered "essential." Identify and report issues, trends, and recurring user request to both PSOM Media Technology & Production team, and Penn Medicine Corporate IS Networking.
· Provide multimedia services for clinical meetings, Grand Rounds / CME events, and special events in the PCAM South Pavilion. Operate flat screen displays, PTZ cameras, computers, wireless presentation technology, and video conferencing codecs. Certain meetings, events, and VIP events may require overtime (weekend, early morning, and/or evening hours). Utilize fiber network to share appliances (VTC codecs and recording devices) with rooms connected to the Penn Medicine internal fiber network
· Set up equipment and run through tests prior to each event. Break down and store equipment after event. Perform routine maintenance and troubleshoot any equipment problems. Report any problems, issues, or supply needs to Supervisor.
· Provide multimedia services – often on short notice – during early morning, evening and weekend hours as required.
· Provide video conferencing support for Penn Medicine meetings including pre-testing, set up, moderating and breakdown. Interact with remote participants as needed to ensure a positive experience for meeting attendees. Work with Penn Medicine Corporate IS team to ensure video conferencing systems are working and have the most recent supported firmware.
· Provide trouble shooting support to local PC computers. Set up / rearrange tables, chairs and/or other equipment related to special events prior to providing a/v services to that event. Break down and store equipment after event.
· Work with Health System scheduling coordinators or any last minute requests while alerting Managers on technology requirements.
· Perform before and after business hours’ support including weekends.
· Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
· Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Required Education and Experience
· HS Diploma/GED is required
· Associate's Degree (Technology Related) is preferred
· 3+ years’ experience in Computer and/or audio visual systems
Licenses, Registrations, and Certifications
· CTS and/or A-Plus Certification is preferred
Required Skills and Abilities
· Ability to manage difficult situations with tact and diplomacy
· Ability to understand and utilize all systems required for this position
· Ability to use Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, Word, Access)
· Ability to use skilled techniques and equipment operation to ensure accuracy
· Competence in maintaining equipment
· Experience working with multiple technical platforms
· Interpersonal and liaison skills essential for working with management and executives
· Must be dependable
· Provide support for hardware, software, and/or network connectivity problems
· Represents Penn Medicine in a consistently professional manner
· Strong analysis and problem solving skills
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.