PRN Perioperative Assistant - Pennsylvania Hospital
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
To provide ancillary assistance to the Operation Room Surgical team. To use proper communication skills with the Staff, physicians, patients and families. Responsible for managing equipment and inventory in the operating room.
• Provides assistance to various Operating Room Surgical Teams
• Manages equipment and inventory specific to the operating room (Wheel chairs, litters, IV poles and related equipment, hospital beds, elevators, operating room tables, OR lights, instrument stands, oxygen tanks, nitrogen tanks, tourniquet tanks, positioning equipment, environmental services equipment, trash compactors/chutes
• Facilitates and assists with patient transport
• Assists with transport of specimens and blood/blood products
• Displays adequate communication skills with Perioperative staff, supervisors and leadership
• Demonstrates courtesy and respect for patients, visitors and employees to fulfill service mission
• Modifies behavior or work schedule when necessary to achieve department goals
• Communicates items that are in need of repair with Biomedical Engineering and Facilities Management
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- HS diploma/GED required.
- BLS required.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.