PRN Ultrasound Tech-Valley Forge
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Penn Medicine Valley Forge is looking for a per diem Ultrasound Tech!!!
Department: Community Radiology
Location: 1001 Chesterbrook Blvd
Schedule: Per Departmental Need
The Ultrasound Radiographer is responsible for performing all Ultrasound examinations. The primary purpose of this position is to perform, coordinate, and supervise patient testing services.
Operate Ultrasound units.
• Prepare ultrasound rooms and maintain cleanliness of area
. • Interviews and screens patients prior to the examination and explains procedures to the patient.
• Perform, coordinate, and supervise selected patient testing services.
• Ensure all equipment, supplies, and records are available for patient care at the satellites.
• Educate and support patients and their families through telephone consultation, office visits, and hospital visits.
• Educate and instruct other health care providers and patients (and their families) in the use of specialized equipment, new procedures, and new concepts.
• Assure maximum quality of care, design, and implement effective antenatal testing systems.
• Assure maintenance of patient testing records, and unit equipment.
• Assist in research projects as requested by the Division.
• Communicate equipment problems and image quality issues.
• Package and send genetic specimens.
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Required)
- CPR (required within 90 days of hire) (required)
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer OR board eligible. RDMS completed OR completed within probationary period RDMS (required)
- Certified in Abdomen, OB/GYN and vascular (RVT) within 1 year of hire Education or Equivalent
Education or Equivalent Experience:
(required)H.S. Diploma/GED (Required) Graduate of an Accredited Diagnostic Medical Sonography School required 1+ years’ experience in Ultrasonography
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.