PRN Ultrasound Tech - PPMC
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Per diem position to cover overnight and weekend call, as well as day shifts.
· Coordinates and performs ultrasound exams on outpatients, inpatients, and ER patients.
· Documents and communicates clinical findings to radiologist.
· Verifies all images are sent to PACS.
· Stocks exam rooms with necessary supplies.
· High school graduation or GED required.
· Graduation from an accredited Diagnostic Medical Sonography program required.
· 1 yr experience preferred.
· Operation of ultrasound equipment.
· Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required.
· Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with co-workers, patients and visitors.
· RDMS Required
· Basic Cardiac Life Support preferred (BLS/CPR)We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.