PRN Mammography Technician - Per Diem - Pennsylvania Hospital
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Responsibilities under the direction of a Radiologist for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Performing high quality diagnostic imaging examinations using ingenuity, initiative and independent judgment of patients in a safe and timely manner, as ordered by physicians
- Following physicians’ orders precisely
- Maintaining a high degree of accuracy in radiographic positioning and exposure
- Conforming to regulations concerning the use of radiation to protect themselves, their patients, and their co-workers from unnecessary exposure
- Performing all necessary preparations related to mammography procedures:
• Obtaining patient history, explaining procedures
• Gaining consent for contrast material administration
• Addressing any patient concerns prior to beginning the procedure
• Performing all necessary checks for accuracy of the prescription
• Obtaining pre-certification/authorization if required by individual insurance companies, Soarian order and patient identification
• Performing all procedures following the appropriate imaging protocols
• Ensuring all technical factors should be appropriate for the age of the patient with consideration of the tools available for shielding and dose reduction.
• Compiling and reviewing images, providing applicable comparison studies, and preparing documentation for interpretation
• Performing quality control testing which is mandated by the Mammography Quality Standards Act (MQSA) and regulated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration
• Cleaning, adjusting and performing routine maintenance on equipment; stock and replenish supplies as required
Please apply if you possess these qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent level of education required
Graduation from an AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology, either college or hospital trained required
Registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists, ARRT required
Certification in Mammography is required
Current AHA CPR certification required
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.