Nursing Assistant- Pulmonology- Silverstein 9- HUP (Full-Time, Day Shift w/ some rotation to Nights)
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Penn Medicine Recruitment Team is seeking a full-time CNA for our Pulmonology unit, Silverstein 9 @ The Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania!
This position is primarily Day Shift w/ some rotation to Nights
Silverstein 9 is a 34 bed Pulmonary Care Unit. Nurses commonly care for patients with COPD, Interstitial Lung Disease, Cystic Fibrosis, Lung Transplant, and other advanced lung diseases.
- The Nursing Assistant supports the practice by collecting and reporting patient data and incorporating organizational competencies while working under the direct supervision of the Nurse Practitioners and Registered Nurses.
- Prepares exam rooms for provider evaluation of patients.
- Maintains adequate stock levels of medical supplies and other required items in the exam rooms.
- Performs appropriate inventory control methods; orders medical supplies to ensure ongoing patient care isn’t compromised by lack of necessary items.
- Assists with data collection for nursing history and physical (vital signs, height, weight, blood sugar results, functional status) and communicates changes to the RN or CRNP in a timely fashion.
- Provides patient and family information to the RN or CRNP for coordination of care.
- Retrieves supplies from medical supply vendors or in-house sources.
- Secures stock items in appropriate location. Delivers patient specific items to the assigned RN or CRNP.
- Maintains a safe environment and protects the patient from injury by observing the patient who may be at risk for falls, confusion, disorientation, wandering or suicidal behaviors.
- Participates in staff meetings.
- Performs periodic quality control on urinalysis and pregnancy tests.
- Assists the physician or CRNP to perform physical exams.
- Documents findings and patient results on patient documents and in the patients EMR.
- Assists in evaluating nursing care given by comparing the patient's functional status from day to day and discussing this with the nurse.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- CNA Certification by the State of Pennsylvania required
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required) and/or enrolled in an accredited BSN program with a 3.0 GPA or higher
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.