Product Manager - Healthcare Access - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Predict emerging needs in the State and Local Government market and develop innovative Integrated Eligibility (IE) and State Health Insurance Exchange (HIX)
- Own State Government Solutions HIX and IE Product Roadmap
- Develop and manage business plans to achieve objectives
- Leader engaged in large, complex projects to achieve key business objectives
- Translate highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
- Influence senior leadership to adopt new ideas, products, and/or approaches
- Lead the client voice of the IE and HIX products, supporting strategic onsites, calls and RFP development
- Provide subject matter expertise in Health and Human Service Family Assistance programs, such as SNAP, TANF and Medicaid
- Manage a team of product owners
- Facilitate organizational understanding and taking preemptive steps ahead of new regulatory requirements/changes
- Think strategically and creatively, translating a vision to processes and healthcare access requirements
- Navigate and influence multiple cross-functional teams in a complex, matrixed work environment
- Influence innovation across teams to ensure aligned; cohesive progress across multiple areas including technology, marketing, and service operations
- Strategic ownership over IE and HIX solutions available externally on the market that can be sold in a modular fashion or holistically, and that directly generates revenue
- Accountable for the full product lifecycle management, including: strategy, design, development, management and end of life of new, existing or acquisition products
- Leverage market insights to understand market/customer needs to identify new opportunities or make adjustments to current product offerings
- Accountable for delivering product performance against expectations and updates changes to a product portfolio to improve competitive position, and optimal product performance to meet customer and market needs
- Accountable to and/or own the P&L. Partner with internal or external stakeholders (key customers, product partnerships, etc.) to define and drive future product direction
- Provides leadership to and is accountable for the performance and direction through multiple layers of management and senior level professional staff
- Own strategic engagement with Customer Advisory Board, Third Party Advisors, Analysts and Strategic Partners
- Thought Leader serving as the face to the market – inclusive of presenting at client demonstrations, national conferences and user forums
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7+ years of Product Management/ Product Development experience
- 4+ years of experience working US based health and human services product, development or systems related, must have subject matter expertise in areas such as: SNAP, CHIP, TANF and Medicaid (MAGI/Non-Magi)
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio; presentation and productivity tools)
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals in a matrixed environment
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and influence others
- Proficient in interpreting and analyzing data to support decision making
- Experience with effectively presenting to Senior Management
- Experience working with customers, stakeholders and team members solving problems and rolling up sleeves to get the job done
- Relevant Advanced Degree Preferred (e.g., MBA)
- Proven organizational skills with ability to be flexible and work with ambiguity
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Product Manager Healthcare Access, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote