Telephonic RN Case Manager - Telecommute in MI - 5,000 Sign on Bonus
$5,000 Sign-On Bonus for External Candidates
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Case Management RN, you will drive positive outcomes by supporting a diverse member population with education, advocacy and the connections to the resources they need. What makes your clinical career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You’ll work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
If you are located in Michigan, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Make outbound calls to assess members' current health status
- Identify gaps or barriers in treatment plans
- Provide patient education to assist with self-management
- Interact with Medical Directors on challenging cases
- Coordinate care for members
- Make referrals to outside sources
- Coordinate services as needed (home health, DME, etc.)
- Educate members on disease processes
- Encourage members to make healthy lifestyle changes
- Document and track findings
- Utilize Milliman criteria to determine if patients are in the correct hospital setting
- Make “welcome home” calls to ensure that discharged member receive the necessary services and resources
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current, unrestricted RN license in the State of Michigan
- 2+ years of experience in a hospital setting, acute care, direct care experience or experience as a Telephonic Case Manager for an insurance company
- Medicaid experience
- Ability to navigate a Windows environment, utilize Outlook, and the ability to create, edit, save and send documents utilizing Microsoft Word
- Bachelor's Degree
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Certified Asthma Educator would also be a plus
- Case Management /Care Coordinator experience
- Experience / exposure with discharge planning
- Experience in utilization review, concurrent review and / or risk management
- Pediatric experience
- Background in managed care
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.