Senior Technical Product Manager - MN, NC or Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Sr. Technical Product Manager is responsible for the definition & execution of a product or group of products. Responsibilities include engaging business teams to understand their needs, articulating how the capability can solve problems, and facilitate execution team responsible for delivering solutions that result in benefits identified. Sr. Technical Product Managers partner with developers, architects, scrum masters, quality assurance, and subject matter experts to ensure business use cases and requirements are built into backlogs, are prioritized in accordance with the product roadmap, and ultimately delivered within the agreed upon scope & budget. Sr. Technical Product Managers understand the vision of the product from the point of view of multiple customers, end users and stakeholders. As needed, Sr. Technical Product Managers may wear many hats on an agile scrum team, from writing features, documenting requirements, managing backlog, verifying and accepting user stories, creating process flows, creating data flows, while driving & communicating both the tactical and strategic vision.
The Sr. Technical Product Manager will work within the Optum Care Technology suite of products, focused on physician and office staff facing products working to provide a comprehensive solution to drive efficient care as it relates to quality and cost among other potential products and services.
If you are located in MN or NC, you will have the flexibility to telecommute*, as well as work in the office as you take on some tough challenges.
- Work with business partners/stakeholders to translate identified business needs into capabilities/features that can be measured
- Interpret and translates capabilities into requirements for engineering teams as features and user stories
- Supports 1-2 Scrum Teams as the agile product owner
- Validate requirements with key stakeholders via demos, pilots and/or beta groups
- Pro-actively identify needs/priorities of audience and provide relevant information when sharing insights, including facts and explanation of decision-making criteria
- Identify opportunities to leverage technology to improve product capabilities
- Accurately translate technical terms and concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Effectively represents technical challenges and opportunities to external and internal stakeholders
- Prioritize roadmap and articulates a logical, iterative approach to delivering the customer solution
- Identify potential issues and pro-actively develops mitigation plans
- Assists in removing obstacles, resolves conflicts and ensures alignment
- Support multiple product owners to gather, interpret, and prioritize user requirements into user stories with complete acceptance criteria into an actionable backlog for the team
- Assess the products and capabilities effectiveness post implementation
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of Product Management/ Product Owner experience
- 4+ years of experience working in SDLC
- 2+ years of Business or Systems anaylst experience
- Experience with MS Office applications
- Experience communicating and presenting to Upper Management
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience working with Aha! and Rally
- Healthcare experience
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals in a matrix environment
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and influence others
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.