Technical Project Manager - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Leads complex data and business analyses to develop business plans, and identifies recommendations and insights
- Works independently to construct highly complex statistical and financial models to forecast business performance; coaches others on model development
- Establishes the metrics required to measure business performance, and develops the process for identifying and addressing performance gaps
- Manages complex, time-sensitive market research projects and prepares synthesized intelligence reports with clear implications
- Leads cross-functional teams across the entire span of business planning activities
- Partners with business leaders to develop business plans and proactively identify new opportunities
- Identifies cutting-edge analytical tools, models, and methods for making key business decisions
- Budget as detailed in Impact section Large / complex / single or multiple regions
- May include detailed design of sponsors’ high-level concept High risk
- Manages project financials including business impact
- Provides reliable financial forecasts to Management
- Manages upper level stakeholder relationships, stakeholder relationships and project team
- Manages internal as well as external resources with a team size generally greater than 20 people from multiple countries
- Mentors and encourages skill development of project team members
- Provides detailed performance review input and development recommendations for team members
- Works with peers outside immediate organization to define and characterize complex technology or process problems and/or develops new solutions, yet works independently to drive technical problems to a solution
- Actively participates in company professions program and Practice Improvement activities
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BA / BS degree and / or equivalent education and experience
- 5+ years of project management experience
- 5+ years of experience in tracking, planning projects, working with large data sets and making data - driven analytical decisions
- 3+ years of supervisory experience
- Experience with ALM and/or Rally
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- PMP Certification or actively pursuing
- Power BI experience
- Healthcare experience
- Integrated eligibility experience
- Experience implementing large technical solutions
- Experience in a large matrix environment
- Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple priorities
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.