Senior Account Executive or Account Manager - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
OptumRx, a UnitedHealth Group company, with over 28,000 employees globally, specializes in the delivery, clinical management and affordability of prescription medications and consumer health products. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, integrated services to promote optimal outcomes, superior savings and outstanding client and consumer experiences. We make healthier happen by creating smarter health care connections to help more than 65 million consumers nationwide realize improved care, lower costs and a better overall experience. Leveraging expertise, flexible technology and a network of over 67,000 community pharmacies, and the use of our own state-of-the-art specialty and home delivery pharmacies and fulfillment centers, we are driving value to those we serve through our transforming capabilities.
As a Sr. Account Executive/Account Manager, you will play a key role in establishing and maintaining relationships with pharmaceutical manufacturers, negotiating contracts for specialty pharmaceutical products, and interacting with many internal stakeholders and business partners. This individual contributor role will also play a key part in negotiating purchase discounts and understanding general drug pricing strategies. This role requires strong cross functional collaboration. This role requires an advanced proficiency using MS Excel for analyses, the ability to convey complex or technical information in a manner that others can understand, and someone who is adaptable, able to work independently, and be comfortable sometimes dealing with ambiguity.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Maintains detailed knowledge of services, contracts, financials, key contacts of clients within their portfolio
- Retains and grows clients through proactive relationship management, recognizing new opportunities within the current statement of work or portfolio
- Builds and fosters relationships with biopharmaceutical manufacturers and internal stakeholders and business partners
- Actively expands the relationship beyond primary services or contract
- Fosters a customer-focused culture throughout the organization to deliver excellence and recommend methods to improve quality and service, with an emphasis on delivering on customer requirements
- Participates in and leads pricing discussions and outputs for new client services
- Understands client’s business objectives, issues or challenges and assists in translating into solutions to drive and achieve successful outcomes for both the client and the company
- Collaborates with client and other functional groups to develop and deliver custom reporting that enables market and program insights
- Identifies and champions new solutions, service opportunities, and product strategies which represent the “voice of the customer”
- Lead large, complex projects to achieve key business objectives
- Translate highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
- Predict emerging customer needs and develop innovative solutions to meet them
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 + years of Account Management with external clients (beyond internal partners, patients, or prescribers) which must include:
- Experience evaluating, interpreting, and negotiating contract language directly with clients
- Experience utilizing metrics to drive outcomes and to identify service opportunities and/or investments
- Experience developing and delivering custom reporting that enables market and program insights
- Experience using financial models and to assess the financial health of a client program
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (e.g., ideate new solutions, participate in solution design, coordination across internal and external groups, champion the customer experience)
- Experience delivering formal presentations
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams, etc.)
- Willingness/ability to travel up to 35% of the time
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Graduate degree – MBA
- 5+ years of experience working in pharmacy benefit management (PBM), specialty pharmacy and biopharmaceutical manufacturer
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.