Case Manager LVN for WellMed at O'Connor
$1,500 SIGN-ON BONUS
Incentive Bonus: Paid 2 times a year
23 days of PTO & Closed on major holidays
**PLEASE NOTE**The Sign-on Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare, or a related entity on a full-time, part-time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign-on Bonus.
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Health Coach is responsible for completing relational assistance, care coordination, barrier resolution and follow up for identified patients at the Senior Care clinics.
- Call and Schedule pre-visits in assigned clinics with patients
- Perform Pre-visits in the clinic, which incorporates the completion of required assessments and discussing and/or scheduling recommended preventative services.
- Meet with patients with additional needs or care management interactions after their clinical visit
- Communicate patient needs to clinic Physicians/PA and clinical staff in a collaborative and solution focused manner
- Proactively create clinic relationships with providers and their staff by walking the clinic at least daily to facilitate frequent collaboration opportunities
- Facilitate care coordination to incorporate care management and diabetes education
- Attend clinic specific rounds and meetings on patient care
- Educate patients on available after-hours care options
- Provide education at patient educational functions
- Attend health fairs and perform license appropriate medical screenings or assessments
- Contribute to the care plan developed in any patients referred by the health coach to care management
- Document all patient care activities into electronic database
- Meet required Key Performance Indicators
- Pass Quality Audit metrics
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Coordinate and cooperate with other members of the care management team
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- LVN graduate from an accredited nursing program
- Current and unrestricted Texas LVN licensure
- 2+ years of post-licensure experience in a clinical setting
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking with the ability to move or lift at least 50 pounds
- Ability to travel to more than one clinic as needed for business purposes
- Ability to quickly establish rapport with many patients daily, communicate professionally and collaboratively with providers in the clinical setting
- Ability to work independently in a computer based medical record in a fast-paced environment
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor’s degree
- Health coach certification
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.