Physician Network Contract Manager - NJ/NY Telecommute
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You get it. Everyone gets it. The health care system needs to evolve even further than it has, and it has to do so quickly. New models of care and new networks of providers are emerging now to better serve patients and communities. Take on this Network Contract Manager role with UnitedHealth Group and you'll be part of a team that's reshaping how provider networks evolve and how health care works better for millions. As a Network Contract Manager within our network contracting team, you'll guide the development and support of Provider Networks as well as unit cost management activities through financial and network pricing modeling, analysis, and reporting. As you do, you'll discover the impact you can make and have the resources, backing and opportunities that you'd expect from a Fortune 5 leader.
This role supports and contracts for physicians in the New Jersey market.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Manage unit cost budgets, target setting, performance reporting and associated financial models
- Guide development of the network and negotiate agreements with physicians and medical groups yielding a geographically competitive, broad access, stable network that achieves objectives for unit cost performance and trend management and produces an affordable and predictable product for customers and business partners
- Evaluate and negotiate contracts in compliance with company templates, reimbursement structure standards and other key process controls
- Ensure physician network composition includes an appropriate distribution of provider specialties
- Provide explanations and information to others on difficult issues
- Work cross functionally to facilitate resolution of issues
- Coach, provide feedback and guide others
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 4+ years of experience in a network management-related role, such as contracting or provider services
- 3+ years of experience using financial models and analysis to negotiate rates with providers
- 3+ years of experience in performing network adequacy analysis
- In-depth knowledge of Medicare Resource Based Relative Value System (RBRVS)
- Intermediate level of knowledge of claims processing systems and guidelines
- Advanced competency of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Undergraduate degree
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.