Manager Business Process - Quarterly Variable Compensation-Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Quarterly Variable Compensation (QVC) Manager, Business Process is responsible for providing consultative services to Optum client groups and designing/developing variable compensation programs to meet client business needs.
We seek a motivated individual with well-developed consultation skills who will exceed client expectations while maintaining the enterprise governance standards for the QVC program. This role is for someone who works well independently and contributes to a community of practice of their peers to share best practices and create common operating procedures. Further success traits include solid critical thinking skills, advanced analytic ability, a sound process for tracking and completing deliverables, comfort with ambiguity, a strong initiative to seek missing information and overcome obstacles, and ability to partner with and influence senior leaders.
This role will act as the front facing representative to the VP over each QVC plan and act as the QVC SME resource for these leaders.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Work with Sr. Leaders (VPs and Directors) to understand their business strategy and design, develop, and recommend compensation program/policy that align to supporting strategy
- Anticipates customer needs and proactively develops solutions to meet them
- Serves as a key resource on complex and/or critical issues, providing explanations and information to leaders on the most complex issues
- Provides ongoing consulting and collaboration with business VPs, Human Capital Partners, Finance, and Total Rewards constituencies to champion/ensure integration of Quarterly Variable Compensation philosophy and governance
- Ensures an enterprise-wide perspective is applied across job families/functions when providing consulting/expertise
- Ensures compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements
- Proactively identifies and manages risk as it relates to enterprise pay standards and practices
- Develop new reporting and audits to help identify process improvements and opportunities to improve transparency
- Analysis & Reporting
- Performs complex conceptual analyses
- Models data to understand performance trends and forecast financial outcomes
- Interprets and conveys incentive/spending reports to applicable stakeholders
- Analyze compensation data to identify root causes/trends/issues, and respond appropriately
- Ability to create Executive-level Summary Reports of QVC Analysis
- Project Management
- Be the Lead for an entire Line of Business for new plan implementations and plan design changes
- Lead broad based projects for the QVC team to standardize processes, determine how QVC will interface with new performance management tools as the business introduces them, and ensure best practices are followed
- Lead multiple simultaneous project plans through stage gate processes for change orders and new program launches
- Provide training and education on Quarterly Variable Compensation-related tools/processes/issues and ongoing communications to ensure awareness/understanding of Compensation programs, tools, and changes
- Acts as a SME/Mentor for others on the QVC team to ensure they are aware of best practices and processes
- Stakeholder Management: Fosters meaningful relationships with critical stakeholders, understands their diverse needs, expectations, concerns, and capabilities. Uses adaptive techniques and messaging to motivate and influence
- Data and Analytics: Leverages data and analytics to drive decision making and action. Designs, develops, and deploys solutions through ongoing analysis and connecting multiple data sets together to recommend action
- Business Fluency: Understands how the business operates, major categories of cost, and how profits are generated. Able to articulate the strategy, customer base, and external factors impacting the business.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years HR/Compensation consulting experience or 5+ years B2B client relationship, account management, sales or consulting experience, or a combination of these.
- Project Management experience (theory and practice)
- Experience working in a highly matrixed environment
- Microsoft Excel proficiency
- CCP or PHR/SPHR Certification
- Lean Six Sigma Certification
- Data visualization experience (Power BI preferred)
- Experience working with Variable Compensation plans and strategic HR consulting preferred
- Experience with SharePoint, Varicent, and Smartsheet
- Solid communication and presentation skills (written and verbal)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.