Sales Account Manager (Bilingual Spanish), Community Plan - Boston, MA
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You want to do work that really matters. We want to bring more health resources and better solutions to the most vulnerable and least served members in our communities. This sounds like the perfect match. This MA Sales Account Manager can work with state and federal government agencies, physicians and other providers, to bring greater care to more than three million people. Make a difference in the lives of those in your own community and a career with UnitedHealthcare Community Plan will allow you to do just that! Your performance will be rewarded!
**** This is an outside/field sales position ****
*** Base Pay + Commission ***
If you are located within the state of MA, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Apply strong sales acumen skills in generating and closing leads
- Develop and manage relationships to reach business goals. Interact with senior population and conduct presentations at senior groups, churches, their homes, etc. to sell and promote Medicare product
- Build professional relationships with doctors' offices, community-based organizations, faith-based groups, etc. to obtain referrals
- Meet with eligible participants with the goal of enrollment and presenting product information
- Manage time for appointments, lead generation, territory development, build relationships, present health benefits, etc.
- Manage travel and territory efficiently to produce maximum results
- Enroll eligible aged 65+ MassHealth Standard members into UnitedHealthcare's Senior Care Options (SCO) Plan (HMO Special Needs Plan - SNP)
- Meet monthly sales goal as set by leadership
- Execute excellent communication, interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Ability to be compassionate while selling
- Function independently and responsibly with minimal need for supervision
- Ability to manage multiple priorities as it relates to meeting enrollment goals
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- State life/health insurance license is a requirement for this position by law. If you do not already have one, must be willing to obtain a (company-sponsored) state health/life insurance license within 60 days of hire
- Bilingual Spanish
- Experience working with communities of all different ethnicities, cultural backgrounds, diverse populations and/or underserved communities
- Established professional relationships with non-profits, community-based organizations CBO's or religious/faith-based organizations FBO's
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams)
- Valid driver's license and good driving history
- Access to insured, reliable transportation that will enable you to travel within designated sales area
- Willing and able to travel locally up to 100% of time within Boston, MA market area
- Live in/within commutable distance to Boston, MA
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Active Massachusetts state life/health insurance license
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Outside sales and/or territory management experience
- Health or managed care experience
- Experience working LTSS and/or Medicare
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.