Manager of Actuarial Consulting - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
If you are located in the following locations, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges: Colorado Springs, CO, Hartford-West or Hartford-East Hartford, CT, Dallas, TX, Houston-The Woodlands-Sugar Land, TX, Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MN-WI, Nashville-Davidson--Murfreesboro--Franklin, TN, Phoenix-Mesa-Scottsdale, AZ, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Support cross team collaboration (Commercial, Medicare, & Medicaid) in the development of consistent and appropriate modeling
- Lead meetings across various clients, clinical staff, and actuarial teams to validate and develop modeling assumptions
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to identify and develop business questions for analytic investigation (e.g., utilization analysis)
- Develop, conduct, and evaluate studies on pricing, utilization, and health care costs for our broad range of clients
- Design and run complex data programs, by utilizing applicable data/analytical tools to extract and analyze data (e.g., SAS, SQL, Excel, Tableau)
- Interpret, compile, and disseminate results of modeling analyses with appropriate conclusions and recommendations
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree obtained from an accredited university
- Demonstrated experience with either people management or project management
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with cross functional partners and presenting analytical findings
- Experience utilizing MS Excel at an advanced level of proficiency
- Experience utilizing analytic expertise to identify relevant and actionable study components
- Demonstrated experience working with Medical and/or Pharmacy claims data
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 6+ years of experience in the Healthcare, Finance, or related industry
- Experience working across Lines of Business (Commercial, Medicare, & Medicaid)
- Experience designing and running complex data programs, (e.g., extract and analyze data via SAS, SQL, Excel, Tableau)
- Actuarial experience (ASA or FSA credential) or Data Analytic Experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.