Sr Technology Project Manager
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration, and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
The Senior IT Project Manager is responsible for managing multifaceted IT projects ensuring scope is delivered according to deadlines, budget, and quality standards. The Senior IT Project Manager manages enterprise-wide strategic projects with complex scope and scale, and reports progress or matrix reports on a project directly to Senior Leadership. The Senior IT Project Manager develops project plans, builds project schedules, manages project meetings, communicates progress and status, enforces quality management, and identifies, responds, and manages risks, issues, and changes and manages all information technology project activities and ensures all project phases are documented appropriately. The Senior IT Project Manager serves as a mentor for other IT Project Managers.
- Provide expertise, leadership, direction and coaching as Scrum Master to one or more agile teams. Flexibility to interface with non-agile projects and teams
- Be a change agent, foster a “learn by doing” culture, and lead teams to self-organization
- Facilitate daily scrum and other ceremonies associated with chosen Agile methodology
- Encourage and facilitate cross-team coordination and collaboration
- Manage a complex web of communication across a matrixed Agile team, and organization while also shielding team from external disruptions
- Eliminate all blockers/barriers for any potential crisis or issues and devises contingency plans to mitigate concerns. Minimizes exposure to risk on a Project. Ensures timely completion of sprints
- Own Agile-related metrics and status reports for all assigned IT projects that provide visibility to stakeholders on team-level progress and quality
- Work tightly to ensure clarity of requirements, correct prioritization, and exit criteria are all clearly defined
- Manage the budgeting and invoice reconciliation processes for all assigned IT projects
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together - competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related technical field OR 4+ years of IT project management experience
- 5+ years of project management/ scrum master experience leading technical projects, including development and execution
- 2+ years of experience across a combination of the following:
- EMR/ Physician Practice Management, HMO Claims/Platform systems, or other healthcare software implementation experience
- Data integrations, data analytics
- 3+ years of experience working all aspects of the system development life cycle (developing/writing system requirements, performing system analysis, technical design, test planning, development, testing, implementation)
- Proficiency of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management including tools and techniques (formal project planning, risk/issue management, governance, cost/benefit analysis, project change controls, etc.)
- Industry certification(s): Agile Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Agile/Scrum, SAFe, Lean Methodology, and/or Project Management
- Ability to facilitate working sessions with large, cross-functional teams (business, technical)
- Ability to present to and manage communication with business/IT executive leadership
- Experience with ServiceNow
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients, and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So, when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.