Manager Business Systems Analysis - Telecommute
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Manager, Data Services oversees the maintenance and operations of custom developed Databases, Data Exchange processes and Data Services environments. The position is also responsible for collaborating with departments across the organization to identify information and data needs. The Manager, Data Services will provide effective leadership and motivation to his/her team and serve as a key resource providing data services information and support for the organization.
- Manages maintenance and support operations for Data Services, including Maintain/enhance data exchange and data distribution layer services, Dev/Test environments, Access management, System health monitoring, DR plans and Audit support
- Collaborates with IT and other departments across the organization to identify data needs and assign resources to support solutions
- Serves as a consultant to departments in the process of strategic planning, operational analysis, business design, solution implementation and project management as it relates to assigned projects
- Manages a staff of information technology Developers and Business Systems Analysts to deliver effective services and systems to users
- Leads quality improvement processes, and drives a quality culture by example, encouraging quality practices in others
- Maximizes staff performance and technical expertise through clearly defined objectives, training, skill development and leadership to ensure quality services to all customers
- Serves as an escalation point for complex issues, problems and solutions
- Manages effective communication across the company regarding the status and impact of information technology and evaluates internal communication for effectiveness and consistency of shared information
- Creates, monitors, and enforces standards, policies and procedures in relationship to information technology and performance
- Develops, coordinates and manages a responsible operations budget
- Maintains up to date with new technology, which is appropriate and capable of supporting the strategic initiatives of the organization
- Performs all other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field (4+ years of comparable work experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree)
- 5+ years of relevant experience with the creation and design of database structures
- 2+ years of supervisory level experience in an Information Technology role
- Experience working within structured SDLC and Change Management processes.
- Knowledge and use of a database management systems such as Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Related experience in a healthcare operating environment.
- Experience working with a structured development process in the health care industry
- Knowledge of multiple complex data stores and data warehouses integrations
- Experience working in an Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Experience with Health Plan data, applications, business processes and best practices
- Experience with middleware architecture, development and operations support
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.