Data Manager - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The health care markets are evolving in many ways and the role and impact of the Government programs is becoming increasingly important as health plans and providers look for new ways to grow and manage risk. In particular, the ability to manage medical cost through care management interventions or network management strategies is critical to the success of these organizations.
Optum Advisory Services (OAS) is seeking a Data Manager - Telecommute to provide oversight and governance of its clinical data within the government programs practice. This position is responsible for assuring quality and trust in the data, creating standard definitions for the organization to follow, and maintaining a consistent use of data resources across the organization
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Define data assets within the clinical domain
- Document data definitions; quality and validation rules for clinical data sets.
- Build a data catalog and data lineage of clinical data elements.
- Review and summarize data received from clients
- Maintain quality of the data using customer feedback, concerns, questions; internally reporting metrics; evaluating and identifying issues; and coordinating and implementing corrections regularly.
- Monitor data usage to assist teams, share best practice trends in data use, and provide insight into how and where teams can use data to help in day-to-day decision-making.
- Provide SME support for any questions on clinical data
- Ensure compliance and security of the data.
- Provide daily communications on progress, blockers, issues, and discussion items
- Obtains high client satisfaction scores (>90%)
- Develop and maintain client references
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience with Rational databases, data modeling, data warehousing concepts
- 5+ years of experience working as a data analyst or a data engineer
- 4+ years of working with Microsoft Office applications
- 4+ years of programming experience with any programming language
- 4+ years of experience with Structure Query Language (SQL), or SAS or R
- 2+ years of experience with modeling workflows, flowcharts, and data flow diagrams
- Ability to travel when needed (less than 25%)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience working in health care domain data
- Experience with data catalog tools
- Experience within a consulting or payer related organization
- Understanding of cloud-based solutions
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.