Exception Manager - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
This position will lead, own and manage the Optum product exception end to end process for assigned product categories targeting a flawless execution of exception handling for all clients. This role will support short and long term operational/strategic business activities by developing, enhancing, and maintaining training, processes, and stakeholder relationships. This position will also develop team skills and implement solutions through analysis of data for continual process and business improvements.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead, own, manage and execute the product exception end to end process at Optum for assigned product categories, including partnership with UHC Exception Management as required, for a flawless execution of exceptions for all clients
- Proactively manage, drive, and champion the Exception Management operating rhythm and governance structure supporting the exception process for assigned business area of focus
- Demonstrate thought leadership through continuous improvement of the process and execution of our Exception Management model
- Support Exception Management expansion efforts surrounding new products in pilot or product launch
- Take ownership of and facilitate exception requests to resolution in an efficient, accurate, and timely manner
- Support the exception team as key resource on complex and/or critical issues to ensure end to end review and support cross-functionally with stakeholders and business partners
- Leverage subject matter expertise to drive identification of business insights to be shared with business partners
- Ensure adherence to the exception process while maintaining a focus on identification of best practices allowing exception management to be repeatable and reliable, ensuring stakeholder alignment on exception process
- Support and grow cross-functional relationships in support of exception processing
- Influence the on-going communication updates to all stakeholders to ensure understanding of and alignment with process/status changes
- Facilitate conversations with cross-functional teams to develop innovative approaches for the inclusion of all Optum products into the exception process
- Ability to leverage data to identify trends and provide insights to share with stakeholders and product owners. Qualitative analytical ability to take data and provide recommendations based on metrics
- Exhibit excellent communication skills
- Maintain and develop natural inquisitive nature & instinct to ask tough questions and drive to resolution
- Leverage refined skillset to facilitate cross functional teams through process and business changes and discussions
- Ability to operate independently, with little oversight
- Ability and willingness to support International stakeholders across multiple time zones
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BA degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years demonstrated experience working in a large complex matrix environment
- 3+ years of experience working within or supporting an operations function
- Experience working with Behavioral Health or Employee Assistance products
- Proven ability to demonstrate documentation skills
- Proven ability to create and implement new processes
- Proven ability to lead discussions and provide process recommendations
- Flexible availability to support early morning Central Time
- Six Sigma/Green/Yellow Belt certification
- Healthcare or Clinical Experience
- Experience within product development
- Experience with operational process execution
- Experience working with large complex products/services
- Experience managing and handling non-standard requests
- Experience with Microsoft Teams collaboration
- Experience with Salesforce.com & Salesforce Analytic Studio
- Experience with SharePoint Development
- Experience with Smartsheets
- Experience with Tableau reporting
- Excellent time management and high sense of urgency
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.