Manager, Social Work - Saginaw, MI
Do you want to make a difference in healthcare?
Landmark Health, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, was created to transform how healthcare is delivered to the most medically vulnerable members in our community. Our medical group provides home-based medical care to chronically ill patients, many of whom are ill-equipped to navigate our overwhelming healthcare system.
At Landmark, our interdisciplinary teams collaboratively manage our complex patient panels. These teams are led by Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants, with supporting care provided by RN Nurse Care Managers, Social Workers, Pharmacists, Behavioral Health, and other employed team members.
The Manager, Social Work is the social work leader for specific markets within an assigned region and division, partnering closely with local Market Leadership team(s), to formulate strategies and generate outcomes. The Manager, Social Work reports directly to a Market Health Services Director, but works closely with all Market Health Services Director in a region / division based on assigned team. The Manager, Social Work will manage a team of social workers specializing in both palliative care and behavioral health.
- Plan, organize, and direct the work of professionally trained social workers who are responsible for assessing the psychosocial needs of members and providing care management to address issues related to palliative care, behavioral health, and social determinants of health
- Monitor social work performance metrics to identify opportunities for process improvements and/or staff education to produce optimal outcomes
- Provide individual supervision to assigned social work staff across multiple markets, regions and/or health plan partners
- Participate as an active member of the local interdisciplinary care team (IDT) by joining huddles and participating and leading clinical case discussion
- Ensure process for identification and updates to robust inventory of resources for assigned market, region / division to be accessible to all team members
- Participate in interviewing, hiring, evaluating, and managing performance of social work staff
- Participate in resolution of conflicts between social workers and among social workers, patients, and Landmark Health personnel
- When appropriate, provide clinical supervision to eligible social workers
- Travel to assigned markets / regions to join social workers for visits and / or meetings
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Master’s Degree (MSW) in Social Work
- Meet all state certification and licensing requirements
- 5+ years of social work experience (internship not included) that includes direct case management and/or clinical work with patients
- 2+ years of social work supervisory experience
- Experience working in or with healthcare, palliative care and / or behavioral health
- Experience in delivering homecare or field case management
- Access to reliable transportation required; if you are driving a vehicle, you must comply with all the terms of the Landmark Motor Vehicle Safety Policy
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 2+ years as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Excellent communication skills and knowledge of accessing community resources
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.