Provider Advocate Account Manager - Must Reside in NC or SC
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Jobs related to managing provider networks that support client base. This includes hospital, physician, dental, and pharmaceutical networks. Examples include provider relations activities, analyzing provider performance, creating provider reimbursement arrangements, and credentialing activities.
Positions in this function are accountable for the full range of provider relations and service interactions within UHG, including working on end-to-end provider claim and call quality, ease of use of physician portal and future service enhancements, and training & development of external provider education programs. Designs and implements programs to build and nurture positive
relationships between the health plan, providers (physician, hospital, ancillary, etc.), and practice managers. Directs and implements strategies relating to the development and management of a provider network. Identifies gaps in network composition and services to assist the network contracting and development staff in prioritizing contracting needs. May also be involved in identifying and remediating operational short-falls and researching and remediating claims.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Analyzes and investigates
- Provides explanations and interpretations within area of expertise
- Uses pertinent data and facts to identify and solve a range of problems within area of expertise.
- Investigates non-standard requests and problems, with some assistance from others
- Works exclusively within a specific knowledge area
- Prioritizes and organizes own work to meet deadlines
- Provides explanations and information to others on topics within area of expertise
- Field-based; Frequent on-site visits and meetings with physician groups or hospital systems. Smaller practices, lower spend & less complexity
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Experience in a professional level audit and recovery operations position with extensive experience working with claims data and inaccurate payments facing out to the provider may be considered
- Basic knowledge of CPT and ICD-9 coding
- Understanding of how a claim is built and paid
- Understanding of practice management operations
- Advanced experince in Word, Excel, Access and Powerpoint
- Ability to travel locally frequently - generally on a daily basis
- College degree in Health Administration, Business or related preferred or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience as a Physician or Hospital Billing Manager or Medical Practice Administrator
- Highly developed presentation skills
- Solid self management skills, ability to handle rapid change
- Solid relationship building skills and highly developed customer focus skills
Values Based Competencies
- Integrity Value: Act Ethically
- Comply with Applicable Laws, Regulations and Policies
- Demonstrate Integrity
- Compassion Value: Focus on Customers
- Identify and Exceed Customer Expectations
- Improve the Customer Experience
- Relationships Value: Act as a Team Player
- Collaborate with Others
- Demonstrate Diversity Awareness
- Learn and Develop
- Relationships Value: Communicate Effectively
- Influence Others
- Listen Actively
- Speak and Write Clearly
- Innovation Value: Support Change and Innovation
- Contribute Innovative Ideas
- Work Effectively in a Changing Environment
- Performance Value: Make Fact-Based Decisions
- Apply Business Knowledge
- Use Sound Judgement
- Performance Value: Deliver Quality Results
- Drive for Results
- Manage Time Effectively
- Produce High-Quality Work
- Integrity Value: Act Ethically
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $54,400 to $97,000. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $60,000 to $106,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.