Senior Manager Privacy
Optum is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work. SM
In partnership with the Optum Privacy team, including the Chief Privacy Officer and Senior International Privacy Counsel, along with UHG’s International Privacy team, the Colombia Senior Privacy Manager is responsible for the compliant collection, use, maintenance, and disclosure of personal information, including Personal Identifiable Data pursuant to Company guidance, legal requirements, and customer contracts.
Major responsibilities (some carried out in partnership with IT, Legal, and IT Security) include the following:
- Development and delivery of training and communications to promote compliance with the Optum Privacy program, contractual requirements, and the data protection law
- Participate in the implementation of Human Capital and Operational privacy policies and procedures and provide guidance on the same
- Triage, investigate, and manage privacy incidents
- Administer the Data Subject Rights program
- File an annual submission to the National Register of Databases that is managed by the Colombian Data Protection Authority (an online report due annually each March that details the processing of personal data)
- Draft Personal Data Processing Records (PDPRs) that document privacy analysis of business processes and Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs) with the assistance from business leaders
- Support local lines of business and operations with ongoing Privacy related matters including:
- Privacy Training and Awareness
- Colombia Data Retention Policy
- Mercury process (e.g. assistance on the classification of vendors as a data controller or a data processor)
- Privacy by Design services for new product development
- Support corporate, segment, and local leadership reporting on Privacy metrics
- Support Optum Global Advisory RFPs and new acquisitions as required
- Completion of Risk Assessments
- Participation in and oversight of local audit activities.
In particular, to fulfill these responsibilities for Optum Privacy, the Senior Privacy Manager will also undertake the following tasks:
- Oversee the triage and tracking of new matters received through all local reporting venues including the privacy email in-box, Radar, direct from business leadership, etc.
- Ensure compliance with the Colombia and HIPAA incident reporting requirements
- Ensure compliance with the Individual Rights regulatory response requirements
- Oversee local FOIA and Data Subject Access Rights activities
- Participate in ISO 27001 certification activities
- Support customer audit and assessment requests and requests for information
- Promote additional awareness, compliance, and data security requirement audit activities around call center operations
- Bachelor’s degree
- +5 years of experience working in Data Privacy related positions.
- English & Spanish proficiency
- International Association of Privacy Professionals IAPP (Might be consider a plus for this position)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.