Research Manager - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
We are searching for a leader in our health economics and outcomes (HEOR) group. Successful leaders must have an entrepreneurial spirit—are innovative by nature, and always working to create new approaches and products, and services. We are looking for people who strive to lead themselves and their teams and can foster effective teamwork in order to drive results for clients We hire smart and talented consultants to help our clients navigate their challenging problems. We offer access to some of the largest secondary data assets available for outcomes research and the resources of our parent company to drive unique data and research opportunities.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Build, manage, and train an international team of researchers
- Ensure quality of deliverables including proposals, protocols, tables, figures, abstracts, presentations, and reports delivered by offshore research team
- Build and manage a strong team of senior researchers who support multiple therapeutic areas
- Provide oversight of and execute observational studies
- Work with HEOR leadership and other Optum business units to support innovation and expand service offerings
- Present in public forums on key topics of expertise in the HEOR space
- Manage a team of researchers in North America and off-shore enabling enterprise wide support for the entire HEOR team
- Train and develop team to become key contributors in the field of HEOR acting as a professional mentor and scientific expert to develop the team’s knowledge of business development, client engagement, quality, and research methods
- Serve as liaison between offshore and broader research team to manage resourcing and workflow enabling the HEOR organization to grow the business and execute on strategy
- Assess staffing needs and hiring/recruitment of research staff required to support area of responsibility
- Resource and oversee execution of retrospective database, survey, chart abstraction, and other studies within your area of responsibility
- Manage researchers in area of responsibility, as relevant, and advance team members’ professional development
- Advance dissemination of results via manuscript, reports, and conference presentations
- Coordinate with other intercompany resources to support your business
- Manage client relationships
- Oversee project teams and manage study budgets and timelines
- Support business development activities (including, but not limited to, development of proposals and face-to-face client engagement) to support pharmaceutical and device manufacturer client needs
- Mentor and train new research staff as needed
- Grow the business through client relationships, new service offerings, and a reputation of consistently superior customer service and quality
- Travel when required, 4-5 trips expected per year including overseas travel
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- A doctoral degree in health services research (HSR), health economics, epidemiology, sociology, or other field focused on research design and advanced analytic methods, PharmD or MD
- 7+ years of research experience
- Experience conducting HEOR research in area of responsibility and with pharmaceutical and device therapies
- Demonstrated experience in management of teams across multiple functional areas. Experience designing research studies
- Demonstrated experience in data driven research
- Record of publication
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- MD with a quantitative PhD
- Experience with secondary data assets, administrative claims databases or electronic medical record data
- Sold interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships both internally and with customers
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary/hourly range for Colorado residents is $113,500 to $218,100. The salary/hourly range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $113,500 to $218,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.