Manager, Community Outreach and Engagement - Chicago, IL
Do you want to make a difference in healthcare?
Landmark Health was created to transform how healthcare is delivered to the most medically vulnerable members in our community.
Because many of our patients are frail and elderly, we deliver care primarily in their home. At Landmark, our interdisciplinary teams collaboratively manage our complex patient panels. These teams are led by Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants, with supporting care provided by RN Nurse Care Managers, Social Workers, Pharmacists, Behavioral Health, and other employed team members.
We believe our patients and their families deserve the highest quality of care delivered with compassion, professionalism, and excellence. Our expectation for all team members is to exhibit these values daily while performing at their best.
Join Landmark to be part of a growing company full of purpose-driven, action-oriented, and compassionate team members working to dramatically transform healthcare for our communities.
The Manager, Community Outreach and Engagement is responsible designing, setting and executing local outreach strategy, and for ensuring that their market meets or exceeds annual engagement targets. In addition, the Manager, Community Outreach and Engagement will have both HR and performance responsibility for the local market Community Health Advocate employees.
The Manager, Community Outreach and Engagement will lead regular meetings with the CHA team, and local market leadership, prioritize local outreach activities and allocate local outreach resources. This supervisory role will require close performance management of individual local Community Health Advocate employees. In addition, the Manager, Community Outreach and Engagement will liaise closely with the Market General Manager/Executive Director/Regional Medical Director to (i) set, define or modify local outreach strategy and (ii) monitor, on a weekly basis, local outreach productivity and performance relative to budget.
- Provide coaching, and performance management to serve as an expert resource to the team, while working closely with local market leadership to drive the effective execution of monthly engagement strategies and tactics
- Leverage reporting and dashboards to analyze referral patterns for prioritization of telephonic and field-based outreach to members
- Identify and execute innovative engagement strategies to enroll patients into the Landmark Health program
- Source, establish and maintain collaborative relationships with strategic partners in retirement communities, assisted living communities, skilled nursing facilities, hospitals, physician offices and other community organizations
- May work flexible or extended hours to accomplish business goals
- The position offers opportunity for a substantial Quarterly bonus opportunity tied to individual and market production and performance
Reports directly to the General Manager or Executive Director of the market.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Proficiency with Excel - Ability to utilize formulas, pivot tables and VLOOKUP’s in order to analyze data regarding territory, referral and engagement patterns
- Coaching - Engaging an individual in developing and committing to an action plan that targets specific behaviors, skills, or knowledge needed to ensure performance improvement or prepare for success in new responsibilities
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict; maintains confidentiality; listens to others; keeps emotions under control and overcomes resistance when necessary; remains open to new ideas
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and seeks clarification; responds openly to questions/Must be able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events/Comfortable speaking to large audiences
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed; generates suggestions for improving work and workflow
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of related experience, including a supervisory role in a sales, direct marketing or customer service role with direct responsibility for assigned clients or accounts
- Experience utilizing exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Experience utilizing excellent project management skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven success with time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to consistently to meet or exceed sales targets or goals
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in an entrepreneurial environment with minimal supervision
- Access to reliable transportation required; if you are driving a vehicle, you must comply with all the terms of the Landmark Motor Vehicle Safety policy
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Prior experience in healthcare
- Regular requirement to sit; use hands to touch, handle or feel
- Regular requirement to talk and listen
- Occasional requirement to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms
- Occasional requirement to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Vision abilities include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Ability to travel frequently by car and occasional travel by plane
- Will require regular travel to Physician offices, hospitals, sub-acute facilities, community partners and non-home-based market offices
- Noise level is usually moderate
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So, when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.