Manager, Risk Adjustment Analytics- Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This role is focused on risk adjustment consulting for payer clients and will act as a government submissions data/analytics subject matter expert. Ideal candidates will have consulting or payer experience specifically addressing data/analytics procjects associated with recapture, analytics and/or encounter data submission for ACA, Medicaid and / or MA line of businesses. Individuals should be both data- and operationally-savvy, understanding large data sets and the end-to-end payer risk adjustment submission process.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Help customers implement, build, monitor, and refine data and workflows to meet critical CMS, ACA and/or Medicaid deadlines
- Responsible for working with payer clients / customers across the risk adjustment continuum including data / analytics, documentation / coding, submissions, etc.
- Identify inefficiencies and drive change by recommending tactical program improvements
- Manage multiple clients and / or complex workstreams in a rapidly changing environment
- Work cross-functionally with clients and other risk adjustment subject matter experts
- Build and manage relationships with client stakeholders
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 2+ years of experience with technical/data aspects of encounter data submission process for ACA, Medicaid and/or MA (sumbissions, reconcilliation, remediation)
- 2+ years of experience with integrating data sources from providers, vendors, and payers into workflows and systems (e.g. SAS, SQL, Access, Excel, EMR systems, etc.)
- Experience diagnosing data and / or operational problems, seeing patterns, and finding targeted solutions
- Ability to travel up to 60%, when safe and as determined by client needs
- Preferred location: Colorado Springs, CO, Dallas, TX, Hartford, CT, Pittsburgh, PA, Boulder, CO, Houston, TX, Nashville, TN, Tampa, FL, Eden Prairie, MN, Phoenix, AZ, St. Louis, MO
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor’s degree
- Consulting experience
- Advanced level of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Teams, Excel, Power Point, 365, Word, etc.)
- Advanced analytical skills (e.g., SQL, SAS, Access, etc.)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.