Manager, Affordability Operations - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Clinical Strategy Initiatives is charged with effectively implementing, monitoring, and executing on performance programs. Clinical Strategy Initiatives processes on a national level by providing support in all markets served by Optum Care Delivery.
This position will be responsible for the development and/or on-going management and administration of clinical programs. Provides implementation support, measurement standards, and revisions as needed that incorporate applicable best practices with proven outcomes.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from the Western Region of the US as you take on some tough challenges. Preferred states include: WY, WA, ID, UT, OR, NM, MT, CO, CA, AZ
- Understand business and operational program level details to be able to provide explanations and information to others on the most complex/critical issues as a key resource
- Successfully drive the National level programs to completion utilizing key program delivery skills and critical out of box thinking, with the responsibility to authorize deviations from standards
- Responsibilities included, but not limited to overseeing the program level planning, performing complex conceptual analysis, building consensus among stakeholders, understanding what documentation needs to be produced for the program (technical & business), oversees program execution and delivery on critical milestones needed for completion, and being the escalation point for project manager(s)/resources and leads
- Define what success looks like in numbers. Collect and synthesize data for accurate, scalable, and actionable reporting. Produce and present compelling reports and collateral to support program growth
- Primary contact for Clinical Strategy Initiatives Care Delivery Organizations at the implementation level solving complex problems and developing innovative solutions
- Anticipates customer needs and proactively develops innovative approaches and solutions to meet them
- Operational Project and Program management and implementation on a national level that may include reviewing the work performed by others and providing recommendations for improvement
- Embrace and be the champion of Clinical Strategy Initiatives Delivery serving as a work leader/mentor. Motivating and inspiring other team members
- Develop, communicate, and implement program/project risk/issue management plans and strategies, including, but not limited to forecasting and planning resource requirements
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in two of the following: data analysis and reporting, project management, program management, consulting, managing affordability initiatives or clinical programs
- 3+ years of Health Industry experience
- Experience in delivering on multiple operational projects/initiatives along with collecting and synthesizing data for accurate, scalable, and actionable reporting
- Documentation experience including project plan, business requirements, SOPs, staffing models, process flows, along with the ability to produce and present compelling reports and collateral to support program growth to management
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office - Advanced Power Point and Excel skills
- Willingness to travel if needed
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Master’s degree
- Six Sigma/PMP certification and/or exposure
- Experience with CDOs or health systems
- Experience with affordability programs, DMEPOS, Payment Integrity, Finance, Palliative Care, SDOH, ER Diversion, Behavioral Health, Value Based Care, Facility Based Care, SNF, Specialty Pharmacy, or Rx Operations
- Keen sense of ownership and accountability and a “can do” attitude with ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.