Project Manager - Ontario, CA
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
On the one hand, no industry is moving faster than health care. On the other, no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward than Optum and UnitedHealth Group. So give us a hand, because we're out to use data, technology and people in ways that help drive change and make the health care system work better for everyone. And then, join us as an implementation focused Project Manager where you'll work within a complex business model that is highly adaptable and looking for you to quickly and effectively address emerging needs. Ready? Apply today and find out what it means to have the support and resources of a Fortune 5 company.
The most challenging part of this role? Effectively working with multiple project teams and stakeholders on project implementations. Our teams require flexibility utilizing various methodologies and tools. You'll need to drive collaboration in a cross-matrix environment leveraging your ability to build relationships and keep on track with the project scope and timeline.
- Consult with stakeholders to ensure alignment and understanding of program/project scope and objectives with the organization's strategic objectives and the Voice of the Customer
- Raise awareness of any misalignment or misunderstanding of project scope and objectives with applicable stakeholders
- Identify project duration, effort, sequence and dependencies of tasks required to meet applicable project objectives
- Develop/contribute to project budgets and forecasts, obtaining approvals from applicable stakeholders
- Apply project life cycle methodology and tools as you develop, document and implement project communication plans
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of project management experience using data and information to make business decisions
- Proficiency with MS Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Office based position in Ontario, CA
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- PMP Certification
- Healthcare industry experience
- Risk Adjustment experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.