Center Manager- Optum Tri State
Optum Tri-State brings patients local care, backed by national expertise. As a premier provider of health care services, Optum Tri-State offers services including primary care, urgent care, and a diverse range of specialty care, outpatient surgery, and imaging. Drawing on the knowledge of leading doctors and healthcare experts, Optum helps 1.6 million patients across 630 locations access high-quality, affordable healthcare within their community.
As a National Committee for Quality Assurance "Level III- Patient Centered Medical Home", Optum Tri-State is able to provide patient-focused precision medical care to the entire family and is committed to providing patients with the highest quality medical care.
In addition to providing the highest quality of care, Optum Tri-State offers its patients the best hours of operation of any private practice in the country. Patients have around-the-clock access to a health-care team and have the benefit of same day and walk in appointments. As an advocate for prenatal health and education, Optum Tri-State offers prenatal classes every weekend free of charge. Optum Tri-State believes in giving back to their community and the patients they serve through health fairs, charitable giving/foundation, and free medical education.
Optum Tri-State is seeking an Urgent Care Center Manager to join our growing team in New Jersey. At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing physician-led care locally. Work with the largest care delivery organization in the world and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication that is clear, well-organized, and demonstrates an understanding of audience needs
- Supervise, coach, and develop the team holding them accountable to all policies, processes, and procedures
- Evaluate the team’s performance during the annual Common Review process
- Through genuine and positive communication, makes each customer feel informed, understood, and special
- Effective team player who contributes valuable ideas and feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments
- Manage staff schedules, approve timesheets and PTO requests
- Able to keep up in the Optum Tri-State environment by facing tasks and challenges with energy and passion
- Pursue activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of success, and can be counted on to complete goals Adherence to standards of business conduct and compliance
- Provide clear direction to achieve goals, creating an environment that fosters team commitment and employee engagement
- Maintain the perseverance to drive and sustain the changes that occur at Optum Tri-State, while being resilient and flexible, and inspiring and motivating the team
- Constantly communicates to the team, is open to opinions and feedback from team members and follows through on commitments
- Create a work environment in which people are able to perform to the best of their abilities
- Drive excellence in business, clinical, and financial operations in the Urgent Care Center and throughout the region through data analysis and strategic planning
- Create a culture where staff are engaged, challenged, and efficient in carrying out job responsibilities
- Build a high performing team with high morale and addresses performance issues quickly and decisively
- Partner with clinical leadership to ensure compliance with all clinical policies and training programs
- Identify methods to increase business opportunities and scope of services provided by the Centers while maintaining budgetary performance
- Participate in the interview process for staff
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 1+ years of management experience in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of payroll and scheduling
- Knowledge of and responsibility for upholding State and Federal regulations regarding dispensing, storage, security, reporting, and disposal of controlled medications
- Proven ability to assist in development, implementation, and maintenance of clinical training and staff development programs in conjunction with the training and development department, as well as the clinical operations team
- Demonstrated ability to assist clinical leadership in planning, organizing, implementing, and monitoring quality control and quality assessment
- In conjunction with the clinical operations team, act as a resource to staff regarding all clinical operations issues to include lab and x-ray
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- College degree
- Healthcare management experience
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced working environment and maintain a positive attitude
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
About Optum Tri-State. Optum in the tri-state region (formerly CareMount Medical, ProHEALTH New York and Riverside Medical Group) offers an interconnected network that enables us to work collaboratively to better coordinate care among our doctors and care teams. Together, we offer you and your family access to more than 2,100 providers, representing 70 specialties, working in 360 medical practices and more than 55 urgent care locations across New York, New Jersey and Southern Connecticut. For more information, visit www.optum.com/tri.
CareMount Medical, ProHEALTH Care Associates, and Riverside Medical Group (the “Practices”) are all physician owned and led practices having complete authority for all medical decision-making and patient care through their physicians and other licensed professionals. Optum, through its management organizations (“Optum”) provides non-clinical administrative services to support the Practices and their physicians. Neither Optum nor its management companies employs, engages, or supervises physicians or other licensed professionals, or determines or sets the methods, standards, or conduct of the practice of medicine or health care provided by the Practices or by any of their licensed professionals. “Part of Optum” reflects that the Practices are part of Optum’s effort to support forward-thinking physician practices in helping their patients live healthier lives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.