RN Case Manager in Fort Myers
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Healthcare Manager is responsible for successfully supporting patients with high-risk health conditions to navigate the healthcare system. The Healthcare Manager assists in developing patient empowerment by acting as an educator, resource, and advocate for patients and their families to ensure a maximum quality of life. The Healthcare Manager interacts and collaborates with multidisciplinary care teams, to include physicians, nurses, pharmacists, laboratory technologists, social workers, and other educators. The Healthcare Manager acts as a resource for clinic staff. The Healthcare Manager works in a less structured, self-directed environment and performs all nursing duties within the scope of a RN license of the applicable state board of nursing.
Clinic Location: 13861 Plantation Rd, Fort Myers, FL 33912
Clinic Hours: Monday - Friday 8AM - 5PM
- Works with the providers and clinic staff to identify patients at high risk
- Supports longitudinal care of the patient with chronic care conditions by: a. performing assessment of health conditions b. performing medication reconciliation c. conducting Motivational Interviewing and Self-Management Goal setting d. providing patient education e. creating referrals to appropriate agencies and resources
- Supports transition of the patient with chronic care conditions from inpatient to outpatient setting, by: a. performing assessment of transitional needs b. performing medication reconciliation c. establishing and reviewing contingency plan d. providing patient education e. assisting with post discharge needs such as prescriptions, transportation, Durable Medical Equipment (DME), appointments
- Coordinate with providers to establish or update plan of care
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing or Associate’s degree in Nursing with 4+ years of experience
- Registered Nurse with an active and unrestricted license to practice in the State of Florida
- Current BLS certification
- 2+ years of experience in a physician’s office, clinical or hospital setting
- Knowledge of chronic diseases, especially COPD/asthma, diabetes, CHF and IHD
- Proficient computer skills to work efficiently with electronic medical records
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience related to patient education and/or motivational interviewing skills and self-management goal setting
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
KEY WORDS: RN, RN CM, Nurse Case Manager