Market Sales Agent Manager - Orange County, CA
Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm)
We are gearing up for the aging Baby Boomer population and need you to use your creativity, innovation, experience and talents to grow strategic partnerships in the San Fernando Valley. We want an out of the box thinker as this soon to be 65 population is tech savvy and active! You'll need to build strategic partnerships with influencers on a large scale; these could be banks, financial planners, attorneys, professional organizations etc. If you have gone through an industry transformation and are ready to bring that knowledge to a Fortune 6 organization, we need you!
If you are located in a commutable distance to Los Angeles and Orange County, CA, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
This M&R Market Sales Agent Manager will manage licensed Insurance Agents who sell the UnitedHealth Group portfolio of products offered to Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries and individuals. This Agent Manager is responsible for achieving assigned sales / membership growth targets in his / her territory / territories. Sales targets are achieved by building and managing agents within two sales channels 1) Independent Career Agents (ICAs) who are not employees of UnitedHealth Group but rather independent sales agents who contract exclusively with UnitedHealth Group to sell this portfolio of products and 2) External Distribution Channel (EDC) who are not employees of UnitedHealth Group but rather independent sales agents who can sell Medicare products from all carriers.
- Continually build and nurture the agent team
- Partner with the Recruiting Manager to source and select candidates for agent positions to ensure a continual pipeline and sufficient base of staff to meet assigned sales / membership growth targets
- Provide a structured on-boarding process, leveraging corporate contracting, certification and training processes, tools and systems
- Organize agent activities, leads and territories to ensure effective and efficient coordination across the territory
- Act as a liaison between agents and UnitedHealth Group sales process owners to ensure agents are appropriately set up and supported across their lifecycle. This includes, contracting, licensing / appointment, certification, training, enrollment administration, commission payment, agent servicing, etc.
- Manage day-to-day time and activities of assigned agents to ensure appropriate leading indicators of success and corresponding sales results
- Collaborate with key agents and agencies and provide them with necessary communication, training, and sales support
- Assist with agent recruitment, helping to build strong partnerships
- Organize involvement in formal and on-the-job training to ensure an accurate understanding of our products, compliance / policy requirements, sales processes, brand and value proposition messages and sales systems
- Coach and manage performance
- Coach / develop staff to achieve quantitative and qualitative performance targets
- Use data and insights to coach for optimal performance
- Monitor sales results, trends and key performance indicators (KPI's) and hold representatives accountable for achieving targets
- Conduct ride-along to observe sales techniques and ensure alignment with expectations and compliance with CMS regulations
- Conduct regular one-on-one meetings to review sales results/activities and provide feedback / coaching on opportunities for improvement
- Achieve assigned sales targets & membership growth targets through in his / her territory(ies), with a minimum of 65% of sales derived via community based leads and referrals
- Partner with the internal and external individuals/organizations to identify and develop relationships that influence the buying behavior of our target consumer (e.g.; providers, regulators, faith-based organizations FBO's, community-based organizations CBO's and associations)
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of each organization and how it impacts the marketplace
- Facilitate engagement of all sales agents in executing these plans and ensure that they appropriately build and advance our brand and value proposition and represent our product portfolio and service offerings
- Ensure compliance: ensure agents adhere to sales and marketing guidelines associated with Medicare regulations, partner expectations (e.g.; AARP) and company policies and procedures
- Ability to consistently achieve assigned sales/growth targets
- Excellent communications skills both verbal and written
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent years of experience
- State life/health insurance license is a requirement for this position. If you do not already have a valid life/health insurance license, must be willing to obtain (company sponsored) one
- 2+ years of sales/business development experience, creating strategy and developing a market
- Experience conducting sales presentations or trainings
- Experience being an activist/being involved in the community (outreach programs, community events, etc.)
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Travel up to 75% of time within this sales market area
- Live in/within commutable distance to Orange County, CA
- Fluency, both verbal and written, in Korean
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Health insurance industry experience
- Experience working with Medicare products and consumers
- Active health/life insurance license
- Knowledge of CMS regulations and standards
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.