Strategic Product Manager - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Strategic Product Manager has a deep understanding of the Healthcare market, operations and business along with the broader healthcare ecosystem. This role involves translating market trends along with client and consumer needs into a product strategy to ensure that business growth and revenue goals are achieved. This role is responsible for leading Transformational initiatives and Strategic Product Management activities for the product portfolio and driving Comprehensive and Integrated offerings in the Payer market. This includes working closely with technology, growth office, operations, marketing, finance and all other key stakeholders across Optum and UHC.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Responsible for lifecycle of Quality Measurement & Improvement focused products & services within the Quality portfolio to identify & close care gaps and improve compliance scores & member health outcomes
- Manage, Support and Grow Quality portfolio of products, in active partnership with Operations, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, and other functional areas
- Abstraction platform to parse charts and create claims to bring rich supplemental clinical data into the data landscape for continuous gap identification & closure activities across Retrospective & Prospective programs. Leverage AI / NLP & EMR integration
- NCQA Certified HEDIS Engine, Care Gap Identification & Analytics, Member & Provider Engagement, Intervention Strategies, Care Enablement and Reporting for continuous gap identification & closure activities across Retrospective & Prospective programs
- Define Product Business Case, Vision, Strategy and Roadmaps
- Gather, manage, and prioritize market and customer requirements
- Guide product owners in translating market / customer needs into product requirements and shape the product delivery and evolution
- Review product performance against expectations and facilitates or influences changes to product portfolio to improve competitive position and optimal product performance
- Work with internal or external business constituents to determine product future direction or respond to product inquiries - May be project-based and involve working within multiple product functions
- Predict emerging customer needs and develops innovative solutions to meet them. Solve unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business
- Participate in the development of business strategy and develops and manages business plans to achieve objectives
- Influence senior leadership to adopt new ideas, products, and/or approaches
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 4+ years of work in Quality or Care Management or Clinical domain or related areas, with broad exposure to Quality measurement or improvement activities
- Experience in agile software development approach, translating business needs into master features & features, participating in program increment planning sessions and collaborating with technology strategy & engineering teams
- Experience with at least 1 HEDIS season cycle, including abstraction, reporting & submissions
- Experience supporting projects related to HEDIS, Star, State Medicaid & similar measurement frameworks and measure specifications
- Willing and able to travel up to 20% of the time in role
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Advanced Degree
- Experience with Product Management frameworks - Pragmatic Marketing, 280 Group or others and Product Lifecycle Management Implementation, including market & customer research to formulate product strategies, vision & roadmaps
- Clinical experience
- Knowledge of Quality improvement Value Based Care programs that encompass Member targeting & engagement, Provider enablement & incentives, Care gap tracking & closure, Value attribution and Reporting
- Knowledge of Analytics, Goal targeting & Design of Intervention strategies
- Familiarity / exposure to AI / NLP technologies and EMR / CCD integration concepts
- Solid understanding of Medicare Advantage and Medicaid lines of business, including incentive programs for Payers & Providers and Measures that drive these programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals in a matrix environment
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and influence others
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.