Senior DesignOps Manager - Managing Expenses Remote
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
UnitedDesign (part of UnitedHealth Group and Optum) is on a mission to create a healthier world, one person at a time. We believe this begins with innovative design thinking and technology aimed at delivering experiences that will make healthcare simpler, equitable and more effective. And dare we say even enjoyable.
Enjoy this video with our Chief Design Officer, Dan Makoski … Compassion by Design
We are seeking a highly engaged and fiercely empathetic Sr. DesignOps Manager to join our Managing Expenses Design Studio. The studio focuses on reimagining the way our members and consumers understand, prepare and manage healthcare expenses. In this role, you will work closely with various studio disciplines, design leadership, product and business stakeholders to develop and translate the product strategy into a compelling design vision.
Come and join a team of more than 300+ motivated and fun-loving UX designers, researchers, strategists, service designers, content strategists, accessibility specialists and front-end engineers who are on a mission to improve healthcare experiences for everyone.
United Design is inspired to recruit talent from diverse backgrounds for every level and discipline and appreciate that we will better serve our membership when we grow a team that better represents everyone. We invite you to apply if you are looking to do your life's best work with some of the brightest minds in the healthcare and design industry.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Work side-by-side with the studio lead, designers, researchers, writers, and content strategies to understand their needs and foster teams’ success
- Work with cross-functional partners and key decision-makers to have a constant understanding of priorities and ensure that design is well-aligned
- Establish standard ways of working (scoping, tracking, reviews, follow up) and ensure team deliverables are met
- Host project discovery, sprint planning, and other agile activities, and ensure alignment on key components and timelines
- Identify solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Identify feature duration, effort, sequence, and dependencies of tasks required to meet applicable project objectives
- Advocate for the members of the team to provide an excellent working environment
- Create and maintain a source of truth for design project status
- Serve as the point-of-contact for tracking and reporting on projects and initiatives, blockers, risks, and dependencies
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of experience in design operations or design project management
- 2+ years of experience working with multiple teams and competing priorities
- 2+ years of experience working with product and/or design teams
- 2+ years of experience using resource management and agile project management tools
- 2+ years of experience working with or on agile technology or design teams
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience working with or on Agile teams including planning to support roadmaps, capacity, and sprint planning
- Experience working in a large corporate environment
- Experience working in healthcare
- Proven track record of driving change in a large, complex matrixed environment even amid ambiguous circumstances
- Bias toward action and innovative big-picture thinking while improving processes and optimizing operations
- Ability to foster collaboration and create relationships with individuals on and outside of your direct team
- Willing to learn, pivot, and grow
- Ability to drive a team and business leaders on all initiative phases including achieving clarity on scope and deliverables
- Excellent resource management skills
Total Compensation. As part of your total compensation package, which includes base, bonus opportunity, PTO and holiday pay, you will also receive these benefits at these rates, not to mention a remote work opportunity and healthy work/life balance.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.