Lead Technical Product Manager - Basking Ridge, New Jersey
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
We are looking to fill the Technical product Owner position to help support a growing landscape of needs across the platform. Therefore, this position encompasses a combined role and responsibility that covers both the Technical Product Owner mindset, as well as, crossing into the Solution Architecture responsibilities.
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Technical Product Ownership / Architecture Solution Architect (SA)
- Ability to bridge the gap between Business, Engineering and Enterprise Architecture. The resource should own the understanding of the Requirements, Identify the High level solutioning, Analysis for detailed impacts and solution options, and be able to properly articulate these components to our internal IT teams, application partners and our business product teams
- Act as Technical Product Owner
- Role should be able to understand Business Requirements, translate them to Technical impacts and solutions
- Expertise and Knowledge to understand Technical components and process
- Ability to create Technical Features and User Stories
- Work with product manager and business to obtain voice of customer (VOC) and identify capabilities to add to the product
- Define and provide direction for user experience and user interface (if applicable to product)
- Possess an in-depth understanding of lean product management best practices and frameworks
- Understand capabilities across the portfolio / product line
- Not prescriptive, with theoretical definitions of what’s needed in every scenario. Instead, you consider the challenge, dependencies, constraints, and apply the right tools based on your knowledge of various product management methodologies/frameworks
- Understand the infrastructure/technology/flow of product
- Understand the system components and how they integrate
- Influence the prioritization of the product backlog
- Evaluating technical alternatives and decomposing significantly complex problems into straightforward technical propositions
- Fluent in Aha, Rally, GitHub
- Anticipates leadership / stakeholder needs; proactively address gaps
- Serve as an intermediary between business and architecture/engineering teams and subjectively traverse when needed
- Coach others on areas of expertise
- Consistently maintains a growth mindset
- Accountable for decisions tied to product funding between $2M-$7M
- Identifies opportunities across lines of businesses for reuse and drives improvements to product delivery inclusive of people, process and technology with an eye towards modernization, growth and customer loyalty
- Act as Solution Architect / System Analyst
- Role should think like an Application Product Architect and System Analyst during Requirement gathering and analysis phase of the project
- Detailed System Analysis, Provider Data Analysis, Provider API analysis
- Work with Business Analyst to understand the existing process/workflow (either manual, semi-automated) in detail
- Define a problem clearly with current state and future state model
- Act as SME for IT team regarding functional requirements
- Partner with Product team during UAT regarding procedure and guidelines
- Act as Data Analyst (Provider facing)
- Think like Application Architect ( Provider Data and API sufficiency, Data Mapping and Transformation)
- Propose high level solution to the problem - i.e. define scope, context, identify data sources, providing services, reference-data, define high-level domain model etc.
- Prepare Solution Intent Document (SID)
- Holds ownership on analyzing all dependencies/necessities which are external to the project ( for example providers data, providers API availability and provider data sufficiency details or data mapping, coordination etc.)
- Collaborate with Technical Architect (Enterprise Level) - when required:
- Role should also think as Software Architect to suggest practical and feasible solution
- Bring enterprise software knowledge and suggest already existing solutions, services, frameworks or libraries available with in the Optum
- Partner with software architect on adopting corporate standards/restrictions etc.
In short, the Technical Product Owner/Solution Architect should be a SME on functionality for the team and holds ownership of analyzing, coordinating, mentoring a team on all matters external to the project or dependencies ( either data, process, strategy or API).
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in Solution Architecture, Systems Analysis, and/or Technical Product Ownership
- Experience in understanding and creating Technical Features and User Stories, as well as, any Rally, Aha! or other business and IT tracking tools
- Hands-on exposure to creating Solution Intent Documents, Technical Specifications and/or Architectural Flows and Diagrams
- Product Background and Experience - Involvement and interaction with Business either as a Product Owner, Technical Product Owner or as a partnership
- Ability to understand both the Product and Technical side of the house, preferably with a Systems Analyst/Architect type background
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Background in Health Care; specifically around Provider, Networks/Contracts, Provider Search, Directory
- Background in API's, Big Data Solutions, Streaming techniques and Cloud Technology
- Customer and Member Focused
- Proactive and have the ability to think outside the box and ask to uncover the best enterprise solutions and impacts that support broader audience needs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.